Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Sep 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #3,091 of 13,432
Sep 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #3,092 of 13,432
I just got some Svetlana plant 6c19's from russia after about a month from my order date. I've put them in and I'm hearing a weird rattle from my left channel... Would a burn in period help this at all? I'm worried that I waited over a month for these tubes to have a bad one =\

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #3,093 of 13,432
In former Soviet Union Tubes Roll You! :D

Switch them around to see if the rattle follows the tube.

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #3,094 of 13,432
  I just got some Svetlana plant 6c19's from russia after about a month from my order date. I've put them in and I'm hearing a weird rattle from my left channel... Would a burn in period help this at all? I'm worried that I waited over a month for these tubes to have a bad one =\

A good long burn might help... or it might not... As long as it isn't shorting out which might damage your amp, I would say let them burn and see what happens. And good luck! :)

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #3,095 of 13,432

Can be the same ?

They have the same plates, getter splash and Mullard tube codes, so I am pretty sure they are the same.

Yes and no. Yes, they were both made using Philips tooling and Philips codes. No, they were not made in the same factory; Ei, Niš, Yugoslavia ≠ Mullard, Blackburn, UK.

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #3,096 of 13,432

Yes and no. Yes, they were both made using Philips tooling and Philips codes. No, they were not made in the same factory; Ei, Niš, Yugoslavia ≠ Mullard, Blackburn, UK.

Of course, without seeing them, we cannot say anything for sure. The vendor clearly states: "It is premium quality tube with Philips/Mullard tube codes." And it follows, Philips/Mullard = Blackburn. But again, until someone gets these, we can't be sure....

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,099 of 13,432
Hi! I have two questions for the experts:

1. I own an AUNE T1 with an AMPEREX WHITE LABEL 6DJ8 ECC88 1963. I am really happy with the sound. Do you think that does exist difference with the Amperex 7308 Goldpins??

2. I have also a Little Dot MKIII. Is it possible to use at the same time a pair of M8100/CV4010/6AK5W MULLARD and  a pair M8161 EF92 9D6 MULLARD?

Thank you so much

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #3,100 of 13,432

Can't you see the photos? I can see "Yugoslavia", and the brand is given as "Ei".

You are most likely correct... However, as you will remember, we have seen Mullard/Blackburn made Siemens EH90s with "Made in Germany" written on them, and a number of other misleadingly labeled tubes, so I don't necessarily trust what is written on the tube....

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #3,101 of 13,432
  Hi! I have two questions for the experts:

1. I own an AUNE T1 with an AMPEREX WHITE LABEL 6DJ8 ECC88 1963. I am really happy with the sound. Do you think that does exist difference with the Amperex 7308 Goldpins??

2. I have also a Little Dot MKIII. Is it possible to use at the same time a pair of M8100/CV4010/6AK5W MULLARD and  a pair M8161 EF92 9D6 MULLARD?

Thank you so much

1) I have no experience with these dual triodes....

2) Surely, you do not mean using 4 tubes at the same exact time?  :)  But yes, you can use both of these tubes in your LD MKIII. There are jumpers on the circuit board that allow you to change the configuration of your amp to play either EF95 or EF92 tubes. So it is simply a matter of setting the jumpers correctly in order to use these tube types.

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #3,102 of 13,432
  Sticker shock?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-AMPEREX-PQ-HOLLAND-MULLARD-GT-BRITAIN-6DJ8-ECC88-A-FRAME-TUBES-TESTED-VINTAGE-/190910116086?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c732130f6

What's interesting is that my EI "Yugo" ECC88 look exactly like those tubes (they should, they were made with the same tooling, just by lesser hands*). They are virtually identical to the Amperex / Philips Heerlen A-frame ones at least. For the price I paid for them, I'd say you can get excellent deals on those tube types. Just stay away from the "genuine" stuff with "proper" labels!

Since half the know world wants 12AX7, the price for those tends to ramp up quickly. On the other hand, I've seen very decent prices for 12AT7 tubes. Just sayin'.

*By "lesser hands", I mean not as good craftsmanship as in Holland; this has nothing to do with the country of origin of these tubes. Before someone starts taking it personally, you know, the last thing we need is a raging Serbian in this thread, we've got enough crazy people as it is lol...

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3,103 of 13,432
I'm searching for a pair of 1958 GE 6AV6, that Gibosi have tested.

I have a pair of this tube, but built in the '70s, and i want to compare sound.

Will be ok FIVRE and Toshiba (Multivox), that have the same construction and design.

If someone now or in the future, can help me to find a couple of the 50's, i can tell a big thank's
normal_smile .gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #3,104 of 13,432
Hi AFB,

I am just curious about what you mean with "lesser hands" in terms of sound. I seem to remember a mention that your Pinnacle mystery tubes looked cheaply made, yet sounded excellent.

Some people have mentioned that the LD MKIII itself seems to be lacking 100% craftsmanship, but as far as I am concerned it is built like a tank, and able to take almost anything you throw at it. Can only remember one or two instances when somebody had a problem necessitating repair, and then it seems it was done for free, even long after the warranty period was over.

In summary, the sound is what matters to me, and obviously the excellent price point.

On another note: Did you have a chance to compare the NEC 6AV6 to Pinnacle?
Did Yang Sword communicate with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back