Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Aug 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,671 of 13,448
Quote:
Great contribution kvtaco17. When going through the first two songs with my Blackburn Valvo EH90 strapped, unstrapped and 6/7, I was quite surprised how differently the songs changed with the straps. And I could exactly understand why you preferred unstrapped over strapped in "Taking a chance on love". I would choose the same. In the first song (Moonshine) 1/7 and also 6/7 do work better. I like when head-fiers post music, because you always discover good new music. Good thing, there were even quite a few tracks to go through.
L3000.gif

My impression is that the EH90s are a bit lesser ambience tubes but rather have their strengths in detail and tonality. I haven't heard the 6DT6 yet but they seem to go more into the Siemens EK90 (black bottom) direction, which I have as in they are a tad warmer and give a good spatial impression. If this is the case, then these will shine in occasions where the recording is favourable towards the perception of the room and the EH90s play out better when the room itself doesn't really come out that well but it is rather about the more forward placed instruments / singer. Just a consideration.

Mordy, how do your power tubes along? Just curious since you had them already a while.

I prefer it when people share their content used when they do audio reviews... it makes the whole process of accessing what the other person is hearing much easier.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #2,673 of 13,448
Quote:
quite tempted to get some valvo EH90's :D also I found a seller who sells RCA 6DT6A's for 2USD a piece

How about I sell you a starter set lol

I accidental bought 2 sets of Sylvania's and will probable only keep 1

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #2,675 of 13,448
Quote:
lol interested in the sylv and the valvo how much would they be? Pairs right?

Yes pairs, I dunno was gonna list the whole lot for $25 plus shipping. The Valvo I have an additional tube coming because one of the pair is fairly micro phonic, the replacement should be here soon.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #2,676 of 13,448
Quote:
Yes pairs, I dunno was gonna list the whole lot for $25 plus shipping. The Valvo I have an additional tube coming because one of the pair is fairly micro phonic, the replacement should be here soon.

mm price is quite steep haha I live in malaysia so i dont think the "shipping" would cover international xD. I'll think about it.

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #2,677 of 13,448
Quote:
mm price is quite steep haha I live in malaysia so i dont think the "shipping" would cover international xD. I'll think about it.

Oh man, the shipping would be pretty rough...

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #2,678 of 13,448
1st class via USPS would be about $12 USDA so not horrid, but not great.

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #2,681 of 13,448
Quote:
The Hytrons 6ak5 have really impressed me so far the soundstage is nice an airy, wonderful depth and extension. I've only had about 5hours of burn in so they are getting better by the hour :)

Quote:
I got some new Svetlana 6c19 tubes coming in and pairing them with mullard 161's for my LD II++ -- I know it's an older amp but should this do well with a q701?

Please keep up posted on your impressions! (My Svetlana's should be here next week BUT I'll be in Devils Lake... 7 hours away from them... for 2 weeks...

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #2,682 of 13,448
Quote:

Please keep up posted on your impressions! (My Svetlana's should be here next week BUT I'll be in Devils Lake... 7 hours away from them... for 2 weeks...

well i'll be waiting for a while since i ordered from ebay and they're shipping from eastern europe to texas! my amp is pretty old and i'm hoping it holds up to such a difficult to drive headphone. i'm worried but hopeful!

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,683 of 13,448
Quote:
well i'll be waiting for a while since i ordered from ebay and they're shipping from eastern europe to texas! my amp is pretty old and i'm hoping it holds up to such a difficult to drive headphone. i'm worried but hopeful!

It'll be ok! lol

I rant my DT990's  (250 OHM) on mt 1+ and it was passable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back