Little Dot MKVII+ Jumper Settings.
Mar 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Bowedtoothdoc

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know the correct jumper settings for the MKVII+ for the Low and High outputs. I am assuming the the units ship with the Low setting by default?

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 28
I put the manual away just days ago. If your switches (at the bottom of the chasis) are all towards the "ON", that's the lowest gain setting. I find that more than enough for my headphones, as I never dial it past 12 o'clock -- even when I set my DAC1 to the lowest calibrated output.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put the manual away just days ago. If your switches (at the bottom of the chasis) are all towards the "ON", that's the lowest gain setting. I find that more than enough for my headphones, as I never dial it past 12 o'clock -- even when I set my DAC1 to the lowest calibrated output.

Was your manual in English? I was one of the first to get the MKVII+ an my manual was in Chinese. I would assume that if all switches are "off " that's the high gain setting. I am using the amp in SE mode with the Ibasso D4 acting as DAC, while my LD DAC I is in for repair/replacement. The Ibasso does not have a real strong output like the DAC I, so I am going to try the high gain mode.

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowedtoothdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was your manual in English? I was one of the first to get the MKVII+ an my manual was in Chinese. I would assume that if all switches are "off " that's the high gain setting. I am using the amp in SE mode with the Ibasso D4 acting as DAC, while my LD DAC I is in for repair/replacement. The Ibasso does not have a real strong output like the DAC I, so I am going to try the high gain mode.

I *think* my manual is bilingual. Have to double check if you want a copy. (I read both Chinese and English, and once you understand something, it's hard to recall at a late date which language you learned it in.. LOL)

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 28
I believe mine came set on high gain (ON) cause it didn't sound all that great with my low ohm headphones. After changing the DIPs to the OFF position I was literally
eek.gif
. Woke a sleeping monster.
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 28
If everything is ON, it's low gain.

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 28
That manual says the same thing: Everything ON is low gain, for high impedance and/or high sensitivity. So we are not contradicting afterall

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunneebear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David sent me this link Google Docs

Everything on is low gain (3), suitable for high ohm headphones.
Everything off is high gain (10), suitable for low ohm headphones.

That's the MKIII manual, are you implying that the jumper settings are the same for both amplifiers?

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowedtoothdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the MKIII manual, are you implying that the jumper settings are the same for both amplifiers?

I know it's the same for the MKVI. David himself stated that in his forum. And the info provided is still the same -- ON = low gain

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #11 of 28
Thanks,
I guess the only real difference is that the MKVII+ only has two gain settings.

1) ALL ON = Low Gain

2) ALL OFF= High Gain

I think the MKIII has about four different gain settings?

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 28

Quote:
David sent me this link Google Docs

Everything on is low gain (3), suitable for high ohm headphones.
Everything off is high gain (10), suitable for low ohm headphones.

This sounds backwards
confused.gif
I have always heard higher gain to drive higher ohm cans better. i.e. Senn 650s = 300 ohm = high gain for more power.

Jul 28, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #13 of 28
Does sound backwards but it works.  Maybe the key is the headphone impedance or it could be lost in translation of some sort.  Like if a 300 ohm headphone is low sensitivity and 32 ohm is high sensitivity.

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
Does sound backwards but it works.  Maybe the key is the headphone impedance or it could be lost in translation of some sort.  Like if a 300 ohm headphone is low sensitivity and 32 ohm is high sensitivity.

Definitely lost in translation as I have the amp and need to have it on high gain (off) to run hd650s with enough volume in SE mode

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #15 of 28

MK VII

On=Low Gain.

OFF=High Gain.

From The Manual.

The only phone that requires the High Gain Setting is the K1000,you can actually run it from the low gain on the VII but that is another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back