Little Dot MKIII problem
Jan 8, 2010 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nivlek

Head-Fier
I just received the MKIII as my first tube amp. Plugged in, powered on, only left channel has sound. One of the shorter tube doesn't light up, but it still has the heat. I tried to swap the tubes around, the bad tube still doesn't light up, again only the left channel has sound.

Does that conclude the amp is a bad one? or I must have two working tubes to get the right channel sound? I am confused.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 7
I hope that David can help you. It sounds like that the bad tube might have taken something with it. I would wait until you heard back from David and see what he has to say before messing with it.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #5 of 7
I switched the power tubes also, nothing changed. I am not sure if changing the tubes will solve the problem. Anyone knows how do the tubes work on this amp? One tube drives the left channel and one drives the right channel?

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 7
David has been very helpful to me. Good luck with this problem!

Aug 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi Nivlek,

Excuse-me for using your thread to tell my similar story.

My first post, unfortunately not a happy one. I have just received a Little Dot MKIII with a problem of imbalance between the channels (sound shifted to the right). I swapped the tubes according to the manual, but the sound remained shifted to the right. After swapping the tubes, I also noticed a noise in the right channel when bass notes were played

This weekend i will try to clear the tube contacts with some kind of anti-oxid product. I intend to report the results here, if I may.

I reported my case to David and I was requested to follow the manual troubleshooting steps. I advice you to do the same, to save your time, before contacting Little Dot support. If still there's no sound on the right channel, I advise you to contact them detailing the steps you followed.

Alberes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back