Little Dot Mk111 DOA
Sep 20, 2010 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hal55

Head-Fier
Just received my Mk111 and it is totally dead straight from the box. I've reseated the valves, checking them for bad pins, of which  which there aren't any, used two differrent power cords and even two different wall sockets. I've gently moved the power cable while connected to see if it's just a poor contact (had a few hifi items that had poor contacting power connectors) but there is no LED light and certainly no power to any valve.

I've read the instructions and followed them, anyone else had a similar problem?

Hal55

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 9
Yep, fuse has been replaced with the spare without result. Still totally dead, LED doesn't come on, no valves power on and no noises of any sort to indicate it's receiving power. If this thing has to go all the way back to china just for something silly like a faulty on/off switch i won't be impressed.
Thankfully LD has a warranty where they pay the freight back to China if it dies in the first three months.

hal55

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 9
Yes, he's emailed me some return labels, just a pain that i have to pay up front for the return postage. Sad it's going to probably be two weeks before the unit is returned - i was really anxious to try it out giev all the good press it's received.

hal55

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 9
When I got mine they were still using the jumper pin method of setting up the tubes and amplification -- if they're DIP switches now you may want to give them a good back-and-forth action.  They may look set, but with the transport they may have moved just enough to be between settings.  If it's not that and the power cable is a known good one, then yeah, it sounds like you might have a bad unit.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
Yep, fuse has been replaced with the spare without result. Still totally dead, LED doesn't come on, no valves power on and no noises of any sort to indicate it's receiving power. If this thing has to go all the way back to china just for something silly like a faulty on/off switch i won't be impressed.
Thankfully LD has a warranty where they pay the freight back to China if it dies in the first three months.

hal55

the nice thing even though you need to send it back to China in the end it wont cost you anything they pay the shipping. I just hope because of their increased production they handle their QC. Stereophile put them on the map big time. I know they hired more workers need to make sure the inspected units are better controlled with QC

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 9
Received my unit back today and I'm pleased to say all is working well. True to his word David refunded the full freight cost back to China and, assuming it's the same unit returned to me, even replaced the fuze cover with a new one as there was some very minor markings from when i pried it open.

I see what all the fuss has been over with these units, even cold it outperformed my old Music Angel pre and I'm very happy with it. Performance in another 50-100 hrs should be fantastic.

I don't know how anyone sells mega buck preamps any more with stuff like this costing less than $200, it's a great bit of kit.

Hal55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back