Little Dot MK 9 - Has anyone tried it?
Apr 1, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #77 of 370
Descriptions interests from: https://aoshida-audio.com/products/hot-selling-little-dot-mk9

• MK9 uses tube amplification circuit in the electronic is relatively rare in the SEPP single ended push-pull, OCL no output capacitor direct coupled power amplifier circuit.

• The circuit output dynamic than the cathode output generally large (undistorted swing: 30Vp-p), due to the cancellation of the output capacitance, low frequency response can dive deeper, more solid, soprano Alto can be more transparent.

• But to make the circuit in the case of direct coupled DC level is zero, need symmetrical supply complex. In order to stabilize the operation of the circuit, and the machine also adopts a "zero servo tracking circuit".

• In order to ensure the safety of the output load, relay protection circuit and output protection special chip. The machine output tube uses a new production of the United States of America RCA company 50 years Antique Tube (ONS), is one of the best sound similar tube in the world.
================
The maximum output power:
A. 300 mw (600/300 ohm)
B. 350 mw ( 120 ohm)
C. 250 mw ( 32 ohm)
Output impedance: 32 ohm - 600 ohms
================

Looking at this - appears the transformer is optimized for 120 ohms (judging by 50mw (milliwatts) more power at that impedance).

Says has a relay (and protection) circuit to ensure DC does not get to your cans. That is usually what an output capacitor does...blocks DC (direct current).

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #78 of 370
Apr 1, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #80 of 370
Descriptions interests from: https://aoshida-audio.com/products/hot-selling-little-dot-mk9

• MK9 uses tube amplification circuit in the electronic is relatively rare in the SEPP single ended push-pull, OCL no output capacitor direct coupled power amplifier circuit.

• The circuit output dynamic than the cathode output generally large (undistorted swing: 30Vp-p), due to the cancellation of the output capacitance, low frequency response can dive deeper, more solid, soprano Alto can be more transparent.

• But to make the circuit in the case of direct coupled DC level is zero, need symmetrical supply complex. In order to stabilize the operation of the circuit, and the machine also adopts a "zero servo tracking circuit".

• In order to ensure the safety of the output load, relay protection circuit and output protection special chip. The machine output tube uses a new production of the United States of America RCA company 50 years Antique Tube (ONS), is one of the best sound similar tube in the world.
================
The maximum output power:
A. 300 mw (600/300 ohm)
B. 350 mw ( 120 ohm)
C. 250 mw ( 32 ohm)
Output impedance: 32 ohm - 600 ohms
================

Looking at this - appears the transformer is optimized for 120 ohms (judging by 50mw (milliwatts) more power at that impedance).

Says has a relay (and protection) circuit to ensure DC does not get to your cans. That is usually what an output capacitor does...blocks DC (direct current).

Talking to the guy at littledotus and people on this thread, it appears that it works well with Grado's. Of course I won't know anything for sure until it arrives. You will certainly have yours first and I will be curious to read your thoughts.

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #81 of 370
Are they Planar, too?
No. I do have two sets of planar's (T60 Argons and HE6se V2's), but they are dedicated to my iFi Pro iCAN.

I am hoping that at least a few of these will sound nice and tubey with the Mark 9:

Grado GH2 = 32 Ohm @SPL of 99.8
Freq. range of 14Hz - 28Khz

Focal Elex's = 80 Ohm @ SPL of 104
Freq. range of 5Hz - 23Khz

CFA Cascade's = 38 Ohm @ SPL 100
Freq. range of 5Hz - 33Khz

LSA HP-2's = 33 Ohm @ SPL 116
Freq. range of 10Hz - 50KHz

Focal Elegia's = 35 Ohm @ SPL of 105

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #82 of 370
Talking to the guy at littledotus and people on this thread, it appears that it works well with Grado's. Of course I won't know anything for sure until it arrives. You will certainly have yours first and I will be curious to read your thoughts.
Not so sure I will have mine first, If they are building them after orders come in...mine might arrive after yours :)

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #83 of 370
No. I do have two sets of planar's (T60 Argons and HE6se V2's), but they are dedicated to my iFi Pro iCAN.

I am hoping that at least a few of these will sound nice and tubey with the Mark 9:

Grado GH2 = 32 Ohm @SPL of 99.8
Freq. range of 14Hz - 28Khz

Focal Elex's = 80 Ohm @ SPL of 104

CFA Cascade's = 38 Ohm @ SPL 100
Freq. range of 5Hz - 33Khz

LSA HP-2's = 33 Ohm @ SPL 116
Freq. range of 10Hz - 50KHz

Focal Elegia's = 35 Ohm @ SPL of 105

Wow! You have some superb cans!!

I have far fewer cans than thee. I have the ZMF Aeolus and Focal Elear (same as your Elex's).

I too, hope that the MK9 makes a 'holy grail light' shine upon one pair or another of them. I can run the Elear out of portable DAP and they sound great, so no doubt they will be happy campers in the MK9.
It is the cans north and south of their 80 ohm Impedance that we will be on a learning curve with.

For both of us, the Focal Elear/Elex are closest to 'ideal spec' (for the most headroom) on the Little Dot MK9 amplifier.

I used to have an OCL SS amp and I can say for sure that the old saying: "The best output cap is NO cap" is wise, indeed.

I have big aspirations for the MK9, for the unusual design of both tubes and OCL...

Hope we are both, very pleasantly surprised :wink:

Apr 1, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #84 of 370
Not so sure I will have mine first, If they are building them after orders come in...mine might arrive after yours :)
Unless your guy had some stock in.

Apr 1, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #85 of 370
Wow! You have some superb cans!!

I have far fewer cans than thee. I have the ZMF Aeolus and Focal Elear (same as your Elex's).

I too, hope that the MK9 makes a 'holy grail light' shine upon one pair or another of them. I can run the Elear out of portable DAP and they sound great, so no doubt they will be happy campers in the MK9.
It is the cans north and south of their 80 ohm Impedance that we will be on a learning curve with.

For both of us, the Focal Elear/Elex are closest to 'ideal spec' (for the most headroom) on the Little Dot MK9 amplifier.

I used to have an OCL SS amp and I can say for sure that the old saying: "The best output cap is NO cap" is wise, indeed.

I have big aspirations for the MK9, for the unusual design of both tubes and OCL...

Hope we are both, very pleasantly surprised :wink:
I am just looking for a something interesting with a different sound. My iFi Pro iCAN has insane power, bass boost and 3D sound effects. My Violectric V220 has good power, makes a great pre-amp, very cool postive/negative gain switches and even sounds a little tuby.

I have been looking for a third alternative and spent the last three months talking to companies in the US, Poland, Ukraine, Asia, Canada and Australia. My experiences ranged from waiting weeks to get all the info to "I can't afford that!" I decided to fall back on Little Dot as I was pretty happy with the Mark III, especially with my Grado's. And of course the price was about half of everybody else.

Time will tell. :relaxed:

Apr 1, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #86 of 370
Sounds good, Shane. I had the LD MK IV at one time. Can't beat the value they present in their products.

Also...littledotus is in Hong Kong. So doubt I will get an MK9 prior to you.

Can't wait for your initial impressions :)

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #87 of 370
Sounds good, Shane. I had the LD MK IV at one time. Can't beat the value they present in their products.

Also...littledotus is in Hong Kong. So doubt I will get an MK9 prior to you.

Can't wait for your initial impressions :)
I had no idea on the location! I assumed that littledotus was a plan for American distribution.
I paid DHL the border fees and taxes today.

The expected delivery date is April 18th which I hope is a VERY conservative projection. In the past my Shenzhen Audio orders took about two weeks. But I suppose it is a different world now.

Apr 1, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #89 of 370
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #90 of 370
Welp talk about bad timing, Little Dot is in Shenzhen and the city went into lockdown since March so exports and business definitely will be delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back