Little Dot MK 9 - Has anyone tried it?
Oct 22, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #361 of 369
Probably just posting into the abyss but...
The weather has finally started to cool so I could power up this little room heater.

Last Friday I went all day with the Schiit Bifrost 2 out to Little Dot MK9 out to Senn HD660S2's. I bought a John Coltrane compilation recently, A Giant Step in Jazz.

Last week, the HD660S2's weren't really doing it for me. The sound seemed to lack clarity and seemed almost fuzzy. I know it was just me.

Anyway, I listened to John Coltrane through the MK9 for the whole day and the sound was so smooth! I knew it was lacking detail, but it sounded so smooth and "clean", I didn't care.

I have been trying to sell this amp, with no luck. Maybe that's a sign that I should keep it. :smile:

This week I am running the Meze 109 Pro's for a week. And part of that will include the MK9.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #362 of 369
Hello @Shane D -
It is odd that the MK9 seemed to fall through the cracks and hardly anyone bought it - or even knows about it.
The beast is perfectly decent and as you say: smooth. Can listen for extended sessions and be well with it.

:)

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #363 of 369
Hello @Shane D -
It is odd that the MK9 seemed to fall through the cracks and hardly anyone bought it - or even knows about it.
The beast is perfectly decent and as you say: smooth. Can listen for extended sessions and be well with it.

It is definitely unknown. I tried to sell it for a few weeks and did not get one sniff of interest.

I have always been a guy who goes his own way. Which is fine, except if you want to resell something that has NO market share. :smile:

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #364 of 369
It is definitely unknown. I tried to sell it for a few weeks and did not get one sniff of interest.

I have always been a guy who goes his own way. Which is fine, except if you want to resell something that has NO market share. :smile:
…. akin to investing in equities that are ‘value traps’: cheap at purchase 😀, stay cheap 🤬.

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #365 of 369
…. akin to investing in equities that are ‘value traps’: cheap at purchase 😀, stay cheap 🤬.
Indeed. I have thought very much of buying the HiFiman HE-R10D. It is very cheap at $409.00US (open box), but would it have any resale value at all?

And again, with the ETA 02 headphones. They would cost almost $1,000.00, landed in Canada. I would guess there would be very little resale value at all for these headphones, considering 99% of potential buyers likely have no knowledge of the company or the product?

But mainstream can get so boring. :smile:

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #367 of 369
@Shane D - I have a feeling that if you posted the amp on that famous auction site. You would get a buyer.
I usually only sell via CAM (Canuck Audio Mart). I don't have any history on ANY auction site.

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #368 of 369
I usually only sell via CAM (Canuck Audio Mart). I don't have any history on ANY auction site.

Have you tried MoOde audio (player software)? Has DSP (Digital Signal Processing) that can compensate for the design/materials compromises that are present in all headphones.

It will make you LOVE your MK9.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #369 of 369
Have you tried MoOde audio (player software)? Has DSP (Digital Signal Processing) that can compensate for the design/materials compromises that are present in all headphones.

It will make you LOVE your MK9.

Hey stranger! I actually sold my MK9 a while ago.
I am debating on also selling my Valhalla 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back