Little Dot MK 9 - Has anyone tried it?
Jun 16, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #301 of 369
Was not in the mood for treble this evening...listening to an album that had too much of it....what to do?

Ken-Rad 12SL7GT to the rescue!

I am now Oozing warm fuzzy bass...wonderful!! Like oversized mittens on a cold winter day :)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #302 of 369
This is the Ken Rad 12SL7 “pouring on the bass“ 😊

E20A360A-D992-48DD-A171-C8ACDA2A9CA2.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 11:43 PM Post #303 of 369
Jun 22, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #306 of 369
Is that black/red wiring still there in case you use 12SL7 tubes? Unconnected?

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #307 of 369
No sir, it is connected, I have a device to adjust voltage. External power supply is 13.8v of regulated DC

I can dial in 12.6 or 6.3v so I leave it in, all the time. That same power supply @ 13.8v also runs the cooling fan….

Un-necessary if you ran 6.3 drivers all the time. But does also benefit by providing “socket saver duties” for the driver, which is the only tube I ever replace.

Love the MK9 way way more than I thought I would…

Jul 19, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #308 of 369
Tung-Sol 12SL7 BGRP, - returned to that driver last evening and I must say, there is a magic in this tube that is very very special. Palatial deep bass and a sense of stage that is unique, involving and beautiful.

I really enjoyed...!!

This is a marvel of an amp. Too bad so few were sold in the USA.

Jul 19, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #309 of 369
First post I have seen from this thread in quite a while. Perfect timing! I am assessing a new set of headphones and wanted to roll them through this baby. Just put them on. The headphones are the SR2's by iBasso. Everything sounds real bassy. Too much? I don't know.
Just going to run through my newest stuff.

1658262281551.png

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #311 of 369
First post I have seen from this thread in quite a while. Perfect timing! I am assessing a new set of headphones and wanted to roll them through this baby. Just put them on. The headphones are the SR2's by iBasso. Everything sounds real bassy. Too much? I don't know.
Just going to run through my newest stuff.

what say ye today, Shane? I am a fan of bassy….would have to be an awful lot to make me say “too much” 😊

You are certainly in a different musical lanscape than I usually fine myself in, as well….

cheers…

Jul 25, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #312 of 369
what say ye today, Shane? I am a fan of bassy….would have to be an awful lot to make me say “too much” 😊

You are certainly in a different musical lanscape than I usually fine myself in, as well….

cheers…
These SR2's are Very bassy. Combined with the stock tubes, it was too thick. The music was suffering. I think that with a change of tubes and right music, it could work. But they found a great partner with my Vio 220. I put my Elex's back on today. I love them with my iFi, but will run them through the MK9.

From now into September I want to go through all my headphones and my amps and see how everything stacks up. Should be time to then thin the herd a bit. :smile:

Jul 31, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #313 of 369
Switched up the source for the MK9...bought a "digi-hat" for a Raspberry Pi 3b I had sitting around. That added optical and coaxial outs to the Pi...feeding an ancient Muse Mini TD 1543 x4 Non Oversampling DAC via optical and it is sounding really really good.

Control the Pi player (cmus) with a Linux laptop (via SSH). Can also play/pause/stop/next/prev/vol up/vol down or see what is currently playing via a phone. It is really nice to have access to the entire music library, and be able to uber customize the playback easily.

LD MK9 / Redbook Digi / ZMF Aeolus = a very satisfactory combination!

Dec 21, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #314 of 369
Wow, no traffic here ever! :smile:

I turned this amp on today after a while with my Rebel. I am running my iBasso SR2's and they sound pretty good on this amp. Better than the Rebel, IMO. Stock tubes have some nice boom.
Last few months have been all about comparing headphones. Now I want to run through all the amps with my "keeper" headphones.

This really is the right tube amp for efficient headphones. My 32 Ohm/38 Ohm Grado's sound great on it. And my 16 Ohm SR2's are amazing. This will be my chain for the next few days.
BF2 to LD MK9 to SR2's. Mids are sounding great and there is no shortage of bass.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #315 of 369
Hello Shane...

Been a awhile since I have posted....

But wanted to say that I am listening to my beloved Jazz this evening with the MK9 and a 12SL7GT RCA driver that I obtained from Brent Jesse for $5 (he sold me 4x for $20 plus a modest postage fee).

KaZow!

Sounding incredibly great in the ZMF Aeolus cans :)

Cheers and long live, our LD MK9's!!

~~JV~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back