Little Dot Micro+ initial impressions
Nov 3, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #317 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly
How well will the LDM+ work with the Alessandro MS-1?

It works very well with Grado phones, so I assume it should drive MS-1 very nicely. Actually people said they got nice sound from LDM+/RS-1 combo. That is simple amazing.

Nov 4, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #318 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly
How well will the LDM+ work with the Alessandro MS-1?

It works absolutely amazing with my SR225, so I would assume it would go well with the MS-1 as well.

I would also like to say that today, on my way to my classes, I decided to see how my crappy Sennheiser MX400 buds sound amped, and I was amazed at how much of a difference the LDM+ made... I've been using the MX400 the past few days while I'm waiting on my KSC75 to get back from Koss, and it's been like putting a 1960s transistor radio right up to my ear, but the LDM+ actually made them listenable. It wasn't even what the KSC75 sounds like unamped, but it was definitely acceptable. This really is quite an amazing amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #320 of 432
Hi,

Does the UE Superfi 5 Pros work well with the LDM+? If I am to purchase one should I get the low-gain version? I know that these headphones has 21 ohms Imperdance according the the specs on the their site. Sorry,.. I am still a newbie and any help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Nov 6, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #321 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420
Hi,

Does the UE Superfi 5 Pros work well with the LDM+? If I am to purchase one should I get the low-gain version? I know that these headphones has 21 ohms Imperdance according the the specs on the their site. Sorry,.. I am still a newbie and any help is greatly appreciated.

Charlie

yes.

Nov 6, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #323 of 432
Quote:

Hi,
Does the UE Superfi 5 Pros work well with the LDM+? If I am to purchase one should I get the low-gain version?
Charlie

I'll be able to tell you in a few days (maybe sooner). I have the LDM+ on the way (ordered a week ago), regular gain, to use with my setup. I'm hoping to compare the LDM+ and the Go-Vibe v5 (just received this past Sat), and post something here... I ordered the Go-Vibe v5 in the low gain, and the LDM+ normal (just because).

So far, really enjoying the Go-Vibe v5 with my iPod, even though I have a kluge of a cable to make it work (sik line out/firewire dock and DIY mini to mini silver cable with switchcraft minis). Waiting on some of the iPod DIY dock connectors to wire it up right.
wink.gif

HTH.

Nov 6, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #324 of 432
I have a silver one, regular gain, and happy with it. (using it with px100 and HD485 - HD595 and K81DJ ae on their way here)
Treble was a bit harsh right out of the box but burn-in definitely smoothed it out.
Now (at 60+ hours) all I have is a nice, clean, dynamic and detailed sound which makes me think I've spent my money well on this little sucker. There's a huge difference between using only my ipod nano hp out and using the ipod's lineout and ldm+: more dynamics, more details, more controlled bass, "livelier" sound, I'm impressed.

Oh, and battery life is truly awesome: I'm well over 120 hours on a single charge and the little person is still going fine!!! Amazing!

Now I am awaiting EAGERLY the ALO's bling bling silver dock for my ipod... since now I'm using the crappy apple's universal dock (not portable at all) and the cheap mini to mini supplied with the ldm+...

Nov 6, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #325 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by derschweizer
hey karma i receieved my ldm+ a couple of days ago, also. have you tried openeing the enclosure? i found it difficult to place the screws back in? just wondering. i still cannot get one back in.
frown.gif

Yea lol! The screw threads seem only to go 270 degrees around or something. Its not a complete circle, so repeated use might uhh..grind it bare. Try again with a perfect fitting magnetic screwdriver, or just attach a magnet to the one you used. If you insert it straignt in perfectly and screw lightly and not tilt it, might go in. Took me awhile to jam all four back!

Nov 6, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #326 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by hartphoto
I'll be able to tell you in a few days (maybe sooner). I have the LDM+ on the way (ordered a week ago), regular gain, to use with my setup. I'm hoping to compare the LDM+ and the Go-Vibe v5 (just received this past Sat), and post something here... I ordered the Go-Vibe v5 in the low gain, and the LDM+ normal (just because).

So far, really enjoying the Go-Vibe v5 with my iPod, even though I have a kluge of a cable to make it work (sik line out/firewire dock and DIY mini to mini silver cable with switchcraft minis). Waiting on some of the iPod DIY dock connectors to wire it up right.
wink.gif

HTH.

Thanx man,.. please let me know after you test your set out. Anyone else uses the LDM+ with UE Superfi 5 Pro? Normal gain or Low gain? How's the performance?

Nov 6, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #327 of 432
Quote:

Thanx man,.. please let me know after you test your set out. Anyone else uses the LDM+ with UE Superfi 5 Pro? Normal gain or Low gain? How's the performance?

I used the normal gain and it sounds very nice, except that the volume knob only stays at around 9oclock. Theres no adjustment at all, so you definately want to get the low gain version. That might reduce noise and give you more headroom with the volume knob.

Nov 7, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #328 of 432
Got the bling blig dock from ALO today... I'm now burning it in but I want to express my first impressions: the LDM+ clearly benefits from a good quality lineout: with my HD485 I have more refined sound and better instrument separation now.

Some "background instruments" sounded a bit muddy and/or veiled when I was using apple's universal dock and the mini to mini supllied with the LDM+
Now with the bling bling they sound absolutely clear and unveiled.

I was a cable-sketpic until a hour ago, now I am no more. I was able to hear the improvement within 30 seconds of listening.

GET A GOOD LINEOUT CABLE FOR YOUR PORTABLE PLAYER!!!

Nov 7, 2006 at 4:58 PM Post #329 of 432
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter
Got the bling blig dock from ALO today... I'm now burning it in but I want to express my first impressions: the LDM+ clearly benefits from a good quality lineout: with my HD485 I have more refined sound and better instrument separation now.

Some "background instruments" sounded a bit muddy and/or veiled when I was using apple's universal dock and the mini to mini supllied with the LDM+
Now with the bling bling they sound absolutely clear and unveiled.

I was a cable-sketpic until a hour ago, now I am no more. I was able to hear the improvement within 30 seconds of listening.

GET A GOOD LINEOUT CABLE FOR YOUR PORTABLE PLAYER!!!

Thats really good to hear. I have an ALO Copper Dock that is supposed to come in either today or tomorrow.
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #330 of 432
Quote:

Anyone else uses the LDM+ with UE Superfi 5 Pro? Normal gain or Low gain? How's the performance?

I'm using a UE Superfi 3.
I started with a normal gain LDM+ and lived with the hiss.
I recently got the low gain LDM+ and yes I can still hear the
hiss in a silent environment but it is a lot less and doesn't
intrude into the music as much.

It sounds a whole lot better than using the attenuation plug
supplied with UE.
It works fine for me in my work environment.
The LDM+ sound signature still sounds the same to me.

It's like building a quiet computer.
The noise, even if it is quieter than before, will eventually get to me
smily_headphones1.gif

enjoy
k_

[edit]
forgot to mention: nano -> alo cryo dock -> ldm+ -> ue3
vol knob is between 9-10am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back