Little Dot LD2 Review
Jul 16, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #31 of 85
I was just using my powerbook as the source to test the amp so far for it's early use. Today, I decided to hook up the cd player from my main speaker system to the amp. It's the well regarded Rotel RCD950 and now the bass is back! The sound just keeps improving! I can't wait to hook up a turntable to this setup.

Jul 16, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #33 of 85
God its KILLING ME how long its taking to get my LDII+, it is in San Franciso right now, live in Alaska
frown.gif

The irony is soooo much asian freight comes through my city before it goes down to the lower 48.

Been 8 days since I ordered JUST COME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Jul 16, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #34 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
I'm interested in the LD2+ as a preamp with an SS amp. Would it make a good preamp when mated with a gilmore lite driving Grado RS-1s??

I will certainly answer that question when I get mine
smily_headphones1.gif

I cant wait to pair it with my GL and see how the synergy

Now I don't have the RS-1s, but I do have the Sony SA5000s, another bright detailed can.

I plan on posting a review of the amp after I have had time to play with it

Jul 16, 2006 at 10:23 AM Post #35 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar
I will certainly answer that question when I get mine
smily_headphones1.gif

I cant wait to pair it with my GL and see how the synergy

Now I don't have the RS-1s, but I do have the Sony SA5000s, another bright detailed can.

I plan on posting a review of the amp after I have had time to play with it

Then I'll look forward to your review. I also find it odd that your amp is going through San Francisco instead of your area. Isn't Anchorage suppose to be a pitstop area for cargo going to the US?? Odd indeed.

Jul 16, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #36 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRSpeed85
Then I'll look forward to your review. I also find it odd that your amp is going through San Francisco instead of your area. Isn't Anchorage suppose to be a pitstop area for cargo going to the US?? Odd indeed.

Yeah that is the sad irony, I had a friend that worked for the airport here and he told me that something like 80% of all cargo that enters the US from asia stops in Anchorage first and is inspected by customs, for inspection they had a freaking HUGE warehouse with dozens of employes.

My hope was it would make one plane trip from Shenzhou right to here, no luck
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #37 of 85
That Little Dot II appears to be an awesome product. Since the little dot II is affordable I kinda would love to own one even though I really don't need it. Or maybe I do. For the spare bed room? Tempting.

Jul 16, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #38 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
That Little Dot II appears to be an awesome product. Since the little dot II is affordable I kinda would love to own one even though I really don't need it. Or maybe I do. For the spare bed room? Tempting.

I use mine in my computer room for listening while browsing. Makes a nice set up IMO.

Jul 16, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #39 of 85
Quote:

It's Head-Fi, there's no 'maybe', you know you want one
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #40 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Svperstar
Yeah that is the sad irony, I had a friend that worked for the airport here and he told me that something like 80% of all cargo that enters the US from asia stops in Anchorage first and is inspected by customs, for inspection they had a freaking HUGE warehouse with dozens of employes.

My hope was it would make one plane trip from Shenzhou right to here, no luck
frown.gif

haha, it's probably because of the shipping method. Standard shipping would run through Alaska, but express might be sent direct to continental USA for quicker service, but since you are that fringe 4% (2 out of 50 states), it just so happened that standard would've been faster for you
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #42 of 85
I see that the LD2 is also available for $145 with outputs so you can use it as a preamp if you want. That's very tempting. I'd love to hear the tubes through speakers too. Perhaps next month I'll get it.
eggosmile.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #43 of 85
Loved this review. Thank You!
biggrin.gif

I've long admired, and watched the LD II on ebay. It looks like a great deal, and a pretty decent sounding amp. I've communicated with a few other headfi-members, and it seems that overall, this is a decent amp for the money, and I'm definitely going to get one of these. I'd like to upgrade my source first...but if I can't get what I'm looking for (at the price I want to pay) by the end of the summer, I'm buying an LD II, to keep me warm this winter!
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #44 of 85
Quote:

I see that the LD2 is also available for $145 with outputs so you can use it as a preamp if you want. That's very tempting. I'd love to hear the tubes through speakers too. Perhaps next month I'll get it.
eggosmile.gif

Yeah and it has upgraded tubes and components
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it might Synergize really well with the Gilmore Lite, which is reguarded as a good fast, analytical solid state amp.

Damn amp just needs too come already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back