Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Jul 24, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #421 of 3,154
Morfic,

These babies come in an origami box. Nice and full, lotsa bass.

NOVOSIBIRSK FACTORY
6J1Pbox.jpg

Do you want to sell a set of your 6Zh1P-EV?

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #422 of 3,154
Those 6J1P are the non -EV version of my 6Zh1P-EV, i got some with ridges in glass, some w/o. Some with oxidized easily cleanable pins, some with bright clean pins.
I think the -EV sound just like the non -EV.

I think all my 6J1P-EV/6Zh1P-EV have the voshod rocket on them, let me know if you do want any.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #423 of 3,154
I've spent the last A/B/C'ing my old UHA3, new D10, and 'new' used Hornet M w/ my Grado 325i's. I was considering selling my LD I+ since the Hornet has a nice warmth that could conceivably scratch my tube itch.

I had some time last night so I fired up the LD I+. I have to say, it still sounds great and I may just have to keep it.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #425 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by morfic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's it? whimping out on one pair of tubes? ;P
Since you are in sweden, you shouldn't have issues picking up some fun tubes for cheap, 6Zh1P-EV from russia/ukraine/lithuania should get to you quick and are dirt cheap, around $22 for 10
wink.gif

I actually now have too many 6Zh1P-EV since i wanted to try a few different years.....all sound the same, *great*

Shame on me!
dt880smile.png

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #426 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've spent the last A/B/C'ing my old UHA3, new D10, and 'new' used Hornet M w/ my Grado 325i's. I was considering selling my LD I+ since the Hornet has a nice warmth that could conceivably scratch my tube itch.

I had some time last night so I fired up the LD I+. I have to say, it still sounds great and I may just have to keep it.

MkII sounds tubier than I+ and tube differences are easier recognized, maybe sell some stuff for a SS + MkII set? ;P

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #427 of 3,154
Quote:

that's it? whimping out on one pair of tubes? ;P
Since you are in sweden, you shouldn't have issues picking up some fun tubes for cheap, 6Zh1P-EV from russia/ukraine/lithuania should get to you quick and are dirt cheap, around $22 for 10
wink.gif

I actually now have too many 6Zh1P-EV since i wanted to try a few different years.....all sound the same, *great*

Any for sale?
Pm appreciated!

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #428 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatOMalley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Morfic,

These babies come in an origami box. Nice and full, lotsa bass.

NOVOSIBIRSK FACTORY
6J1Pbox.jpg

Do you want to sell a set of your 6Zh1P-EV?

Theese babies looked so darn sexy, I couldnt resist ordering a pair (i know, im a wimp) from Bulgaria!

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #430 of 3,154
Quote:

if you think those are sexy.....you are in some trouble, especially once you notice they don't all look the same in the dark
wink.gif

Better hold on to my pants then
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #431 of 3,154
no thanks, you can hold them yourself.
but you really need to check out the glow of some EF91 tubes
wink.gif

pat: you really think the .1uF added anything over the 15pF that are already on the pcb?
while preparing for a cmoy build i peeked at the I+ pcb some, couldn't helpbut notice those two.
i'm nowhere near the I+ right now, else i'd verify the 15pF value.

Jul 27, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #432 of 3,154
Quote:

no thanks, you can hold them yourself.
but you really need to check out the glow of some EF91 tubes
wink.gif

I bet I do, and I guess that wont be to long before it will happen
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #433 of 3,154
Got these babies today, but still no amp to roll them in...
very_evil_smiley.gif

6J1Pbox.jpg

Aug 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #435 of 3,154
Luckily those 6J1P sound just as good as the heralded 6J1P-EV, i wonder how much longer the extended life -EV really last.
Fun tubes, for sure, mke sure you run your I+ for some time with the stock tubes first, or you'll never know what you got in those
wink.gif

No amp yet? Didn't you order it quite some time ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back