Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
Dec 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,201 of 3,154
where would you get jumper pins at?

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #1,204 of 3,154
the cable for the LD? No, I'm not looking for that one in particular. Just in general. if it would make my life easier in the future

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #1,206 of 3,154
ok, so just recieved my LD1+ and already love it! how are you supposed to clean these tubes exactly? also, the left one is already dark and the left chamber of my headphones sort of has a hum, up until you play the music, then you can't even tell it's there at all, and as I play music, it sort of dissappitates. The whole removing the jumber caps things was a little confusing because the booklet made it seem like tehre was more to it then just moving caps around/removing them. anyway...PICTURES:

thats the left one out, which is blackened, was wondering if that's bad sign or something.

My new babies with my old babies:

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #1,207 of 3,154
Did you try to swap the tubes from side to side to see whether it presents something different? 
I think the hum you hear it is probably not a good thing. Did you try to contact David, I hear he is pretty good answering questions and giving support for his products.

My amp does not have a hum, however the light is uneven in the tubes, the left one is more dimmed than the right. Also are you using stock tubes? I ask this because from the picture your tube is different to mine, yours has got a star type disc at the top while mine is plain round. Mine is stock by the way.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #1,208 of 3,154
amp doesn't hum anymore, now I'm more concerned with the burnt/dark color of the left tube.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #1,210 of 3,154
I have the EF92 which LD1+ sells, upgraded to it when I made my purchase. Is that the mullard or no? also, how do you take off, put on the op amps? just unclip the sides and stuff? Thanks so much man for answering my questions. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #1,211 of 3,154

Quote:
amp doesn't hum anymore, now I'm more concerned with the burnt/dark color of the left tube.

The picture quality is cloudy but it appears it is just a darker getter coating. The coating can be silver like or dark depending on how the getter is deposit in the tube during manufacture. As long the getter is not white you are okay.
It does give the appearance that the tubes are from different batches.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #1,212 of 3,154
yeah, I believe that's it. sorry, crappy cell phone quality. anyway, it just immediatly sort of turned that dark color while the other one still remains slightly clear. This thing sounds ridiculously smooth. I'm in love

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #1,214 of 3,154
I have two pairs of tubes coming my way, one pair of RCA and one pair of Mullard. In the mean time I am listening to the stock tubes and Opamp on my new LDI+, trying to listen  as much as I can since it is a very enjoyable amp to my ears, it is definitely my best amp purchase so far and it pair very well with my Grados and Beyer headphones. At the same time I'm kinda getting a bit anxious to crack this little gem open and start tube/opamp rolling ='D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back