Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling
May 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #766 of 3,154
I just joined the LD + owner's group. I just got the base model for now, and trying to read through this Loooong thread (and comprehend.. 'cause I'm clueless). Though, I already like the stock setup with my modified Grados... excellent for Jazz (been playing Diane Krall non-stop while burning this in). It's worked well for all genres... with the exception of Hip-hop... the bass just sounds awful (David Guetta stuff). Not that it upsets me that much, as I barely ever listen to that anyway. ...and when I feel the need, I just pop the Grados out of the LD + and put them into the uDac and it works well.

May 4, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #767 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just joined the LD + owner's group. I just got the base model for now, and trying to read through this Loooong thread (and comprehend.. 'cause I'm clueless). Though, I already like the stock setup with my modified Grados... excellent for Jazz (been playing Diane Krall non-stop while burning this in). It's worked well for all genres... with the exception of Hip-hop... the bass just sounds awful (David Guetta stuff). Not that it upsets me that much, as I barely ever listen to that anyway. ...and when I feel the need, I just pop the Grados out of the LD + and put them into the uDac and it works well.

Welcome!

If I could start all over again... I would purchase an OPA2107 opamp FIRST then worry about finding a tube that you like. Its a great $15 upgrade.

May 5, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #768 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by markkr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome!

If I could start all over again... I would purchase an OPA2107 opamp FIRST then worry about finding a tube that you like. Its a great $15 upgrade.

don't say that... I JUST ordered the LT1364 from Newark.
frown.gif

May 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #769 of 3,154
Quote:

Originally Posted by WayTooCrazy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't say that... I JUST ordered the LT1364 from Newark.
frown.gif

I have a 1364 as well as a 49720... IMO the 2107 was much more refined sounding. (I use 100% Grado's with this amp) I ordered the 2107 from Newark as well... see if you can add it to your order. Its WELL worth it!

May 5, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #770 of 3,154
Well, I've only had the amp for 2 days now (22 hrs on it)... I think I'll see how I like the 1364 with the 6J1 tubes. I'm picking up a AH-D2000 this weekend, so hopefully this combination will work ok with those too.

May 10, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #771 of 3,154
Please, can anybody post me a picture with the correnct jumper settings for the EF92 tubes?

May 10, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #772 of 3,154
Is there an on-line store (in the U.S.) where I can buy Tubes for the LD I+?  I'm looking for 'Tung Sol 6028' (I read those and LT1364 had awesome synergy with AKG K701/702 - even though I don't have it yet, but want to be prepared).  I don't really like buying eBay, so... I'm just looking for a good source to get them.

May 11, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #773 of 3,154
May 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #775 of 3,154
I have the WE's and the TungSols. I cant tell much difference between the two, other than the TungSols make the surface of the amp REALLY hot and the WE's do not.

May 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #777 of 3,154
Ok, tubes ordered.  Now, my question is in regards to using the amp.  I was told to warm up the tubes for 1 minute with volume pot turned all the way down.  Then I can go ahead and listen to it.  Now, if I want to change headphones, do I need to turn off the amp completely and then wait 10 minutes before powering on and waiting another minute before using my other headphones?

May 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #778 of 3,154

Quote:
Ok, tubes ordered.  Now, my question is in regards to using the amp.  I was told to warm up the tubes for 1 minute with volume pot turned all the way down.  Then I can go ahead and listen to it.  Now, if I want to change headphones, do I need to turn off the amp completely and then wait 10 minutes before powering on and waiting another minute before using my other headphones?

I typically don't give it so much time. The onlything I really pay much attention to is giving it a break here and there.

May 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #780 of 3,154
I dont let it cool down between headphones.

I turn it on... wait 10-15 seconds for the tubes to warm up and begin listening. The only thing I pay attention to: making sure I only leave it running for 8hrs or less continuously as is recommended by David on the Little Dot site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back