Little Dot I+ faintly hissing and crackling...tubes or the unit?
Mar 30, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #16 of 24
Well I'm only here for the week (Spring Break), and I don't have any Deoxit with me right now. I guess I'll try ordering some on eBay or somewhere and hope it'll come in time.

Now I know why when I made this thread, it felt familiar
rolleyes.gif
: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/cr...e-pins-365765/

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 24
I replaced the opamp with the lt1364 and the hissing went away I just have humming now when I put the volume past listening levels which I could care less about.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #18 of 24
I recently started having a similar problem...moved the amp away from my Macbook which it must've just started to pick up some interference from, and dead silent again. x2 on Roker's LT1364 suggestion. Such a nice little amp - I sold my mkIII when this arrived.

Apr 3, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #19 of 24
i have discovered the source of some of the crackling is due to one of my tubes luckily I ordered some other tubes to try my hand at tube rolling so I wont have to deal with it for much longer. Also on tube cleaning I cleaned the pins today with isopropyl alcohol and deoxit gold I due note a difference in sq.

Apr 3, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #20 of 24
If you find that the problem isn't the tubes, then it's probably the opamp. My I+ had an identical problem at one point, but swapping the opamp totally fixed it.

Apr 3, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #21 of 24
Yeah, for me it was the tubes (again) as well. I got too lazy to order Deoxit, so I just swapped in the tubes that came w/ the LD I+, and everything is back to normal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #22 of 24
Well glad to hear its fixed marchingmule and I really do suggest swapping out the opamp for the lt1364 I think it was the biggest bang for the buck increase in sq I have had so far. Also I have already asked a few people but what is your preference between the Glite and the LD I+ if you could comment a little it would be much appreciated.

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, for me it was the tubes (again) as well. I got too lazy to order Deoxit, so I just swapped in the tubes that came w/ the LD I+, and everything is back to normal.
smily_headphones1.gif

You can just use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). That's what I used on my tubes/headphone jack and it worked perfectly.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by | Scorpio | /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you find that the problem isn't the tubes, then it's probably the opamp. My I+ had an identical problem at one point, but swapping the opamp totally fixed it.

I had the same fault,and used the same cure.Sounds good now
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back