Little Dot 2+ channel imbalance (fixed)
Apr 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mksuen

100+ Head-Fier

HELP!

So the switch on my little dot 2+ got stuck last night so I had to open it up and fix the switch. Somehow in the process of doing so the wire soldered to the left input RCA jack broke off. I got some solder and a soldering iron at radioshack and fixed it. However, the left channel now seems like it has weaker signal. Thinking that it could be inferior solder I went and got some 62/36/2 silver solder and redid it. I was unable to get all the old solder off and the problem now still persists despite my liberal use of silver solder to make sure the wire contacted the jack.

What do you guys think? Could that little bit of crappy solder create such signal loss? For reference in foobar I have to boost the left channel by about 2 decibels to get it to the same relative loudness as the right, however I feel the the highs are more muffled and everything is less detailed and has less impact in general.

Do I get a new jack? Could it be something else? Help!

Edit (4/6/11): Left channel went completely missing. Popped it open again, resoldered it, problem gone! Must have been a bad contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back