Little Dot 1+ vs Hifiman EF2A vs Bellari HA540
Jul 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RAZRr1275

500+ Head-Fier
So I'm looking at hybrid amps for my phones since i have a solid state and decided I want to dabble in the tube sound without sacrificing power and I'm looking at these 3. If you think that these 3 would not be the best for my phones and there is some better hybrid amp that is $300 or below then please let me know. First background information. I own the akg k702, grado sr80i, and denon d2000. My source is 320 kbps or flac files played from a laptop. My questions are as follows

1) Which one would be best with my phones?
2) What are some good tubes that I can install? I'm looking for 2 sets with different sound signatures. How you split them doesn't really matter for example if you recommend one tube for the k702 and another for the grados and denons or that sort of thing then split them that way or if there's a tube that would work for all 3 and a tube that works for all 3 with a different sound signature that is cool too
3) What below $100 dac can I pair with this amp to get a nice sound

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 5
I can't answer the first two, however, for a dac under 100$ you really can't go wrong with a fiio e10. I just got mine in the mail the other day and it's really well built. If any of your phones are a little low on the bass side, this will balance it out nicely.

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 5
I only listened to the first two, but I much preferred the LDI+ over the EF2A

but honestly, I prefer pure solid state over hybrids.  I can't say I've had a ton of experience with Tube headphone amps (never heard a Woo amp), but I will say, I'm not a fan of the added distortion of hybrid amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back