Lite DAC-AH Battery Power Mods
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by recca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah i have the riken carbon's in as my resistors. I'm thinking of changing the power caps for each dac and bypassing them as well. sigh. will this ever stop?
L3000.gif

Ah cool.

Well I guess the DAC-AH modding won't last forever but after I've modded mine to the hilt I plan on building a gainclone of some kind to replace my tripath amp. Then maybe a tubed preamp. Heh.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 18, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #47 of 48
Today I replaced R35 & R36 with Shinkoh tantalums and the Obliggato caps with Mundorf Supremes. (not the silver/oil or silver/gold versions, just plain supremes)

I did both mods at the same time (getting access to the board is difficult now that I've re-cased it) so I can't comment on them seperately.

I noticed a big boost in transparency and effortless and a lowering of fatigue. Overall I'd say it's now a superb sounding source, a big improvement over stock. I still have electrolytic caps due in the mail so we'll see if they make a difference too.

My t-amp is now probably holding my system back. When I can afford it I'm going to build a gainclone with quality parts.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #48 of 48
It does sound nice doesn't it? I wouldn't call it super accurate but it definitely has something that keeps the music flowing. The audiophile in me has got me trying to figure out how to make it better but the music lover in me just wants to keep playin tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back