Listing your equipment in your sig: Attention seeking or helpful???
Apr 18, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #16 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Listing your stuff in your sig is always useful as it lets me know what you are using as a base reference, shows your sonic preference and generally lets others know where you're coming from.

If I see a totally Senn setup listed, I know what kind of sound they are basing comparisons on and can mentally adjust to compensate. Likewise a Grado setup as I can readily see their baseline signature. Knowing what they listen to and the family signature of that equipment is good for a general knowlegebase. Without that I have to make a lot more presumptions and makes life more difficult in a subjective assessment.

I feel this too. It's actually sort of important for me to know what the person posting listens on... sound signature preference is VERY important when I'm making a decision. A Grado in the sig immediately perks my ears and says "check this out, similar tastes."

Honestly, I don't want to read an oppinion of a sound type and then have to click out of the thread into their profile to find out where they're coming from.

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #17 of 80
I don't think there's anything wrong with a little bragging. I'm proud of my system and I'd like to show it to people who can appreciate it. In turn, I'd like to see outstanding system other people put together that they're proud of. I love this stuff!!

And as usual, I'm always learning...

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #19 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I like to use it for reference when I am reading peoples thoughts on gear... makes it easy so I dont have to go and check out their profile... unless I want to greater know their frame of reference in which case gear they have owned can be useful too...

Yes it does save time on checking out peoples profile. But it is dependant if they keep it updated.

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #20 of 80
I don't consider it bragging till someone starts including interconnects, power cables & individual tweaks. Just IMO, no offense to anyone here
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 80
Anyone who thinks a headphone rig is bragging has no idea what real money is.

This includes Wayne and Alex's gear.

More information is better. I like equipment in sigs.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #25 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
And why is that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I just hate when sigs are 18 lines long
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Sums it up for me too
smily_headphones1.gif
Most who read posts & comparisons about different cans/amps couldn't care less about what cables & tweaks are used, therefore it's taking up space.

BTW, 6mb cable here
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #28 of 80
Bragging, NO!! It's more like jealousy, if you ask me!

After being on this forum day in and day out, learning, and experimenting with all the different equipment that is suggested to me, I'm proud to show what I own, so that other members might come to me for advice on how they can use a particular piece that's in my sig, since I have first hand experience with it!
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #29 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Sums it up for me too
smily_headphones1.gif
Most who read posts & comparisons about different cans/amps couldn't care less about what cables & tweaks are used, therefore it's taking up space.

BTW, 6mb cable here
smily_headphones1.gif

Fair enough. Although, don't underestimate the sonic impact cables and tweaks can have - you may be selling your system short and not maximizing its potential.

Also, once one's main components are stable, there's nothing else to change except to experiment with tubes, cables, isolation devices, etc.

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #30 of 80
I like it when people are specifying their equipment in the signature.
It gives me a perspective about where the poster is coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back