[Listing] Canadian companies
Oct 31, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #31 of 53
I've got them, but they were under home theatre. Maybe I'll rearrange a few things...

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #32 of 53

Quote:

That's awesome; I had no idea he was Canadian.

confused.gif

Intended to be sarcastic.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #33 of 53

Quote:

Intended to be sarcastic.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, when the site has gone through redesigns with a big shift towards sponsorship, talk like that makes me nervous. (plus the internet sucks for sarcasm)

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #36 of 53
And yet another reason why it's safer to buy Canadian... yesterday I had to turn a package away (from the US) because I simply didn't have the money to pay the $120 in UPS fees
mad.gif
I'm going to have to try and broker it myself, except the delivery guy actually said he couldn't give me the invoice and tracking papers, which he was supposed to, so now I gotta make the trip to UPS and yell at them for papers, then figure out where the customs office is and get the papers signed there, then head back to pick up my package.

Grr, at least this quite as bad as the time FedEx tried to charge me $110 on a $100 item.

/ragequit

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #37 of 53
Thats nothing. Fedex sent me a bill in the mail for $1850, and then few days later another $600 (USD) in customs/duty charges.  *EDIT*  this was for one package.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #39 of 53

Quote:
Thats nothing. Fedex sent me a bill in the mail for $1850, and then few days later another $600 (USD) in customs/duty charges.  *EDIT*  this was for one package.

Ouch... why twice?  (somewhere in the backrooms of FedEx, I can hear them snickering: "hey, let's see how many times we can make these suckers pay...")

As a business, do you not have your own broker set up? (or maybe that only works for large retailers, I'm not sure)

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #40 of 53
No no, the 1850$ was the shipping charges. the $600 was for duty/customs.   They just forgot to add it into the first bill or something.

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #41 of 53
Darn wouldn't it be nice to have something in QC (province). I'm in Quebec City and they mostly have Grados, some AKG and some STAX. To the best of my knowledge Quebec City has one (1) pair of HD800 and one (1) pair of T1. I visited them both.
If you want Denon then nobody has any.
Also yeah. If you buy from the US and is shipped via UPS or somethin', brokerage hurts big. Where's NAFTA in all this...

Nov 13, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #42 of 53

Quote:
No no, the 1850$ was the shipping charges. the $600 was for duty/customs.   They just forgot to add it into the first bill or something.

Were you importing an elephant? That's crazy...

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #43 of 53
close. five 100lbs spools of custom cable, shipped over fedex express from the USA. Had I known ahead of time how much it was going to cost for the shipping, I would have let them ship it ground lol. 

3602:  customs fees with UPS is only insane if you have it shipped ground. If you ship via their express methods they void the brokerage fees and you just pay the taxes.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #44 of 53

Quote:
customs fees with UPS is only insane if you have it shipped ground. If you ship via their express methods they void the brokerage fees and you just pay the taxes.

But then you're paying a hefty chunk more for the shipping. Still... the lesser of evils.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #45 of 53
You actually pay the exact brokerage fee difference in price from standard to express. So really, winds up being same price for either service, might as well take the one that arrives much quicker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back