Listenhear and 1964 Custom Sleeves?
Feb 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Hydrocharged

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have any experience to Listenhear's custom sleeves or the 1964-SLV? And how would you compare them with stock tips? The earphone is irrelevant to me, I just need to know of their quality. I was going to go with ACS but they seem to have very, very long turnaround times. Thanks!

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 13
Most companies make custom tips that fit onto the nozzle, just like foamies etc. They should solve the issue of fit and seal; isolation may be equal to or marginally better than fit-kit tips.

You might look into full sleeves (deep fit into the ear canal, like good customs). This is a much better approximation of the custom IEM experience. Unfortunately, they're not available for all models.

Custom tips:

Custom-fit sleeves:

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
Does anyone have any experience to Listenhear's custom sleeves or the 1964-SLV? And how would you compare them with stock tips? The earphone is irrelevant to me, I just need to know of their quality. I was going to go with ACS but they seem to have very, very long turnaround times. Thanks!

I might be the first person to buy custom tips from 1964 Ears--I got them for my monster turbine pro copper, as you can see from the pic on their new website.

I just got mine and I'll be able to try them more tomorrow, hopefully, and give you my findings--initially, I can say for sure that these are more comfortable and isolate just as well if not better than stock tips.

Also, it's nice to work with 1964 Ears because they have excellent customer service and they will make sure they get it right for you and the turnaround time is good.

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 13
@JackKontney: Sorry if I seemed offensive. But, 1964 actually makes sleeves for universal iems in addition to their line of custom iems. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

@Kunlun: I eagerly await your findings! I'm really considering these over the ACS sleeves because of their listed turnaround time. You will be the first person on the entire internet afaik that will have wrote some kind of impression over them!

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
@Kunlun: Not meaning to rush you, but have you thoroughly listened to your tips yet? I'm eagerly awaiting your impression of them.

@Hydrocharged, no problem! I've been listening to them for two days now and I can say that they are pretty great. Very comfortable in a way I never really had with all my universal tips from many companies. Plus, these stay in my ear and they stay on the nozzle of my earphone. The isolation is on par with a good foam or double-flange tip, I would say (but way more comfortable and much less likely to move around or lose seal). They seem well done to me and I think 1964 Ears has a good product that's well worth it.

With any custom-fit product, no matter who they are from, there will often be a need to have them redone to get a perfect fit. That's why it's nice to work with a company with great customer service and I'm having a very good experience with them.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
One more question, do you hear any difference in SQ compared to foam tips or double flange tips?

Yes, I do. The SQ is better with custom tips over the monster triple flanges and and the moster supertip foam hybrids (the best foam tips available, arguably). There's better, clearer response across all frequencies with the custom tips. I'm not saying you get a different earphone, but if you listen carefully I think you'll find you have a better sounding version of the one you have with tips that fit and convey sound better to your ears.

Of course, the comfort is a huge improvement and it's much, much easier to get the right fit as well.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #12 of 13
I decided to try ACS and just had my ears molded today.  Going for a full Concha version (like the Sensaphonics ones I got years ago for my e4 Shures).  I have fallen in love with the turbine copper pros - those are the ones I'm having fitted.  I think the turn around is a couple weeks.

I did get the tubines to fit in my old ones molds - had to wire them in just to see what the sound diff would be - and it was really good... The deeper into the canal the tube goes, the better the bass.  Definitely more interesting to listen to than using the triple flanges.  So I decided to get some custom made.  I ran about 4 miles in them and they sounded really good.  Still get the sound of your foot hitting the pavement, but it wasn't all that noticable - especially given the bass we get out of the coppers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back