List Every Dvd You Own!
Aug 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, I know some of you have the list up to date waiting on a server. For this to work the rules are as follows.
1) The movies must be purchased.
2) They can be in any order.
3) You must list every one.
4) In the end, about sixty days, I will ask members to choose which dvd list would be the best.
5) There will be one list awarded for the best collection of these movie types. If your dvds and movie style is all over the road we will look for a major style group to fall into. There will also be an award to the one member who has the most complete collection. This is not just how many movies you have. How have you learned about and acquired your complete movie style? Does this have to do with money? No, if your collection is small but cool and complete you can win.
A) Action
B) B/W Classic / Love Story
C) Cult
D) Foreign
E) Comedy
F) Drama / Suspense
G) Horror

My wife will be out of town soon. I will have some time to list my collection.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 21
Maybe this is some incentive for me to get my act together and create a list for my own reference
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 21
my collection is completely all over the place... i don't think i could pick a "major style group" from it

plus my online list is a tad incomplete... a few not even in DVDAF's database (like the single disc casablanca bluray that comes out in a few weeks for example) and some dollar store DVDs i never got around to adding but all the same DVD Aficionado

Aug 22, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 21
I don't have a huge collection, but it'll still take forever to type out.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like everything illegally downloaded their so they don't have anything to list.

Don't forget Netflix.

I actually sold all my DVD's a year ago. Now my BD pile is starting to build up, with The Planet of the Apes 40th Anniversary Collection my most treasured. Well, maybe it should be the Pixar stuff. All of it is first rate, and I own all available on BD, pretty sure at least.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 21
Well, yes this will be for only a select few. People will not want to spend the time and energy to make the contest a reality. The people who do move forward will also have a great springboard for future posts with other Headfi members on movie topics. There is no end to what could be the outcome of a thread like this one. I really do not think it will be that hard for people. You pay a 11 year old $5.00 to do it. You also have a data base that has a lot of other uses. One of my grand goals in life has been my Dvd collection. I am done collecting Dvds so at about 3 new ones every year, I will not be changing my list much. I have all the Dvds I was looking for. Maybe this contest would have a different meaning for someone like me.

Remember we have 59 days left before all the lists need to be posted. I will work on mine a little at a time. I would recomend doing a list that you can cut and place into the thread. Remember this thread is about movies. There is no wrong way to do a dvd collection. You have put the time and energy out to get the collection. Let us spend a little more time to take it all to another level. No pain, no gain.

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #14 of 21
What you win is the title of Best Headfi Dvd Collection in one of the 7 movie styles or the one award for the most wide range dvd collection. You get back from this just what you have recieved from Headfi before.
A) Information about what stuff you are into.
B) You are noted around Headfi comrades as having the best Dvd collection if you choose to join in.
C) You have an online database to interact with fellow Headfi members to increase your movie education. You help other Headfi members understand your movies.

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #15 of 21
I suggest an amendment to exclude "adult" features.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back