LISA III Available for Order
Apr 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #841 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK maybe someone should make this a sticky http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/ord...ml#post4092205

Addendum: This Power supply while a switching type however from the specs alone it should work, Well See hopefully i can obtain one to test 24 volt power supply catalog. and the model PST-AC2415 24V 1.5 amp wall mount power supply ((PGFP361DA-2415EW) $22.50 $22.50

Good idea Phil - maybe this information can be added to the Triad audio
site. Just a link from the main page (with the PayPal buttons) to a separate page explaining the situation with links to the recommended PSU's?

This would save you, Brad and prospective customers alot of time.

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #842 of 1,070
I like the fact that there is a medical grade power supply available for purchase with the Lisa III as an option, but I don't think that the LLP should be included as a mandatory part of the package. It would push the price up an extra $300, and for those of us who are really stretching our budgets for the $550-$600 (with shipping & power supply costs included) for a Lisa III Standard or XP, it would make the difference between the Lisa being an affordable option and not being an affordable option.

Apr 22, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #843 of 1,070
It arrived today... it looks beautiful, I'll snap some photos later. But I'm trying to actually get it to SOUND good rather than just look good. For now it sounds really horrible, I don't know what the problem is. Unless I just have really REALLY bad taste in hifi audio.
rolleyes.gif

The only thing I can assume is that it's not charging / being powered properly? Is the little blue LED supposed to be really dim?

I really hope I can get to hear it in its full glory today...
frown.gif

*EDIT* Oooops, that was pretty dumb... I just didn't quite have the headphone jack seated into the Lisa fully. It felt like it was all the way in, but nope... just needed that extra shove, a few more millimeters in.

It sounds awesome so far, gonna give it some burn in time before I give it a critical review though.

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #844 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It arrived today... it looks beautiful, I'll snap some photos later. But I'm trying to actually get it to SOUND good rather than just look good. For now it sounds really horrible, I don't know what the problem is. Unless I just have really REALLY bad taste in hifi audio.
rolleyes.gif

The only thing I can assume is that it's not charging / being powered properly? Is the little blue LED supposed to be really dim?

I really hope I can get to hear it in its full glory today...
frown.gif

*EDIT* Oooops, that was pretty dumb... I just didn't quite have the headphone jack seated into the Lisa fully. It felt like it was all the way in, but nope... just needed that extra shove, a few more millimeters in.

It sounds awesome so far, gonna give it some burn in time before I give it a critical review though.

I am Glad you got your Amp working You are not the 1st to have thought there Amp was defective and come to find that simply the Headphone Plug was not fully seated into the headphone Socket. At least one other Head-Fi Ophile (My new word for today) and One Prominent headphone manufacture (That will remain nameless) have also had a smiler
confused.gif
issue

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #845 of 1,070
Quote:

I am Glad you got your Amp working You are not the 1st to have thought there Amp was defective and come to find that simply the Headphone Plug was not fully seated into the headphone Socket. At least one other Head-Fi Ophile (My new word for today) and One Prominent headphone manufacture (That will remain nameless) have also had a smiler
confused.gif
issue

Yeah, it seems like an easy mistake to make. It's a pretty tight fit, so it feels like it can't go in any further.

In other news, my Lisa sounds incredible so far!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I was listening last night using my Elpac wallwart as a power supply. When I get home, the batteries should be fully charged, so I'll give it a listen using the batteries as power. I can't wait...

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #846 of 1,070
I was not suggesting that you should include the charger at the same price as what the Lisa III is currently offered at. It would be nice if you offered the Elpac as an option for people. You don't have to be a world traveler to know that different voltages are used around the world. There are many universal adapters now and it would seem to be an easy remedy to offer customers an adapter to go along with their purchase of the Lisa III at the time of purchase with an additional price for the adapter that you deem to work well with the Lisa. It would clear up a lot of confusion and frustration.

Quote:

I am not a World traveler and so i do not have access to an international voltage regulated wall wart that will output no more than 26 Volts including the Ripple. In the Past i ordered lots of different brands of switching type power supply for the old PR-II and none were acceptable ether lots of noise and in one instance with an ELpac of all Brands destroyed a PPA Amp. Based upon these past experiences and the fact that LISA is way under priced as it is TRIAD simply can not afford to supply nice packaging and yes a wall transformer that works anywhere in the world at the price LISA is selling for. I feel that for Folks that want to do some research on there own that such a supply can be obtained and Thus saving them the cost of the optional LLP BTW which is like 100 times more cleaner than a wall wart. Some people have used with wall Transformers that are made for 220 Volts 50 Hz and these people have posted about what works on these very forums so a quick search would provide such info as http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/ord...ml#post4092205 also info on this is available at TriadAudio.net Forums • View topic - LISA III AC wall Adapter Recommendations maybe this will not be an issue in the Future when Government takes wall warts away and Manufactures are obligated to supply a costly External supply Ban Looms for External Transformers

OK maybe someone should make this a sticky http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/ord...ml#post4092205

Addendum: This Power supply while a switching type however from the specs alone it should work, Well See hopefully i can obtain one to test 24 volt power supply catalog. and the model PST-AC2415 24V 1.5 amp wall mount power supply ((PGFP361DA-2415EW) $22.50 $22.50

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #847 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was not suggesting that you should include the charger at the same price as what the Lisa III is currently offered at. It would be nice if you offered the Elpac as an option for people. You don't have to be a world traveler to know that different voltages are used around the world. There are many universal adapters now and it would seem to be an easy remedy to offer customers an adapter to go along with their purchase of the Lisa III at the time of purchase with an additional price for the adapter that you deem to work well with the Lisa. It would clear up a lot of confusion and frustration.

It's not that Easy and yes i have found that just because a universal adapter works hear at my location is no guarantee that it will still work on different mains voltages and frequency even thought the Adapter specifies 100-270 Volt operation. if it were simply a mater of choosing an adapter Based upon specs it would as you say be easy, however you must have missed my link to the ESP site detailing this.

I tell ya this if I add up all the emails answered and other time involved on just this one issue the new Head code would be done now and i would be happier but no this same where do i get a wall wart keeps coming up.

A solution is close at hand however Brad is moving away from direct sales and having distributors do all product sales and customer support. Dealers will be responsible for securing an AC adapter that will meet local approvals in addition to answering questions like wheres my stuff ect. this will allow me to concentrate on designing and delegate out everything else out to others, I am sure this will work out Better for every body. Lets hope
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #848 of 1,070
Just a quick question - would it damage the amplifier to plug it in while the volume knob is up and while music is playing? I was trying to test the difference between wallwart power and battery power, and when I plugged it in while it was playing some music on battery power I heard a loud pop.

Just want to make sure that my amp is fine.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #849 of 1,070
Quote:

Just a quick question - would it damage the amplifier to plug it in while the volume knob is up and while music is playing? I was trying to test the difference between wallwart power and battery power, and when I plugged it in while it was playing some music on battery power I heard a loud pop.

Just want to make sure that my amp is fine.

As long as the pop was a one time thing and you don't hear a loud pop afterward each time you plug or unplug your headphones. I would advise against unplugging and plunging in an external AC Adapter repeatedly as this can generate large voltage spikes at the time of disconnect and reconnect and if the External power supply is a switching type you run the risk of damaging the power supply as well as the Amp.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #850 of 1,070
Quote:

As long as the pop was a one time thing and you don't hear a loud pop afterward each time you plug or unplug your headphones. I would advise against unplugging and plunging in an external AC Adapter repeatedly as this can generate large voltage spikes at the time of disconnect and reconnect and if the External power supply is a switching type you run the risk of damaging the power supply as well as the Amp.

Thanks a lot for your reassurance Phil. It sounds fine, so I'm assuming that no damage has been done...

I'm really happy with the amp so far. This amp is very musical. It has a lovely full midrange, a powerful and rich bass (which can be tweaked with the Bass knob, a really nice feature), and a sparkly treble that has great extension while still maintaining a smooth and non-fatiguing nature.

The amp makes music sound very real, and not "electronically produced" sounding (you can't imagine that you're listening to something that came from 1s and 0s!). It also has a huge, spacious soundstage. These two traits combined make for a listening experience that will totally lose you in the music. I was listening to a well-produced live recording, and the reverberations of the singer's voice on the walls of the place of performance really convinced me that I was there.

Thanks for the awesome amp, Phil!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #851 of 1,070
Quote:

Thanks a lot for your reassurance Phil. It sounds fine, so I'm assuming that no damage has been done...

I'm really happy with the amp so far. This amp is very musical. It has a lovely full midrange, a powerful and rich bass (which can be tweaked with the Bass knob, a really nice feature), and a sparkly treble that has great extension while still maintaining a smooth and non-fatiguing nature.

The amp makes music sound very real, and not "electronically produced" sounding (you can't imagine that you're listening to something that came from 1s and 0s!). It also has a huge, spacious soundstage. These two traits combined make for a listening experience that will totally lose you in the music. I was listening to a well-produced live recording, and the reverberations of the singer's voice on the walls of the place of performance really convinced me that I was there.

Thanks for the awesome amp, Phil!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I am glad your Amp is working ok, Moreover i am just simply thrilled that it added to your enjoyment of Life and Music. I design Amps primarily for my own use and thus i get to chose each and every aspect to my liking ( I know an Audiophiles Dream) and i then find a vessel to transport clones into Head-fi-O-Phile's ears. I never really considered the aspect of how well received My Idea of sonic Nirvana may be out in the real world ( I don't get out much, I know) and thus worth the effort and expense to bring my Ideas froward for Public enjoyment as opposed to simply just me. Thankfully for all of us My ideas are well received and it is therefore worth the effort to allow others to enjoy this same quality. I really thank the head-fi community for all there support and confidence.

May 1, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #852 of 1,070
Thank you for all of your hard work. I know it can be very frustrating and at the same time rewarding.

May 1, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #854 of 1,070
I've got one like this coming to me right now! Black body with cherry face plates, hummm, we'll wait to see how it sounds but I'm pretty sure it will look good!
biggrin.gif

Brad was really quick and friendly to deal with, sent me instructions on how to get a charger/power supply... overall, I'm a pretty happy camper right now!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back