Liquid Links Cable Discussion Thread
Jul 26, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #136 of 191
Hi guys,

Which of the Effect Audio cables do you think can be compared to the LL Venom? I am considering the Code23 from EA and assume the Venom is better than the Code23. If someone has a direct comparison, please let me know.

Thanks

Venom is also better than Cleo II Octa.
This is a really good cable for the price, you should probably go with Chiron to beat this one.

Ergonomics could be weird at start if you are used to typical IEM cables but Code23 is even worse.

Jul 27, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #137 of 191
Hi guys,

Which of the Effect Audio cables do you think can be compared to the LL Venom? I am considering the Code23 from EA and assume the Venom is better than the Code23. If someone has a direct comparison, please let me know.

Thanks
Hi,

What kind of signature are you looking for ?

And a cable to marry with ? 😉

Jul 27, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #138 of 191
Hi,

What kind of signature are you looking for ?

And a cable to marry with ? 😉
I am looking for a cable which pairs well with Fourte. I have tried the PWAudio 1950s with it which pairs fantastic. I am on a tight budget so Venom is something which I am considering. The other consideration is Code23, but Venom could be much better cable.

Basically a cable which tames Fourtes brightness, opens up it a bit and improves the dynamics.

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #139 of 191
I am looking for a cable which pairs well with Fourte. I have tried the PWAudio 1950s with it which pairs fantastic. I am on a tight budget so Venom is something which I am considering. The other consideration is Code23, but Venom could be much better cable.

Basically a cable which tames Fourtes brightness, opens up it a bit and improves the dynamics.
Not an easy equation.

I think about a Plussound GPS. It would be perfect... But the budget 😬

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #140 of 191

PW1950’s is a tough cable to beat without spending some serious cash. I assume this means you liked the 1950’s but do not own it. You might try contacting @doctorjuggles to see if he can make you one. It would be at a reduced price vs PW. I own the original, but other members speak highly of his matching cable.

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #141 of 191
Great Idea 💡

Big YES 👌

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #144 of 191
I've just bought the Martini cable. It's gorgeous but why the cable is so short? It's the shortest cable I've ever seen..
Was looking for a 4.4 to 4.4 cable for connecting to my pa10 and decided to contact them to customize one based on Westlake.

Attachments

• 图片_20230905085510.jpg
    图片_20230905085510.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 16, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #146 of 191
Hi, I read that venom helps a lot on details but then I also read it smooths out the sound too much. Can you someone help explain? Thank you!!

From my personal experience, never assume that the same cable will have the same finetuning effect on different iems. Plus, you have to take into the account what source people are using since output impedance will contribute to changes and the IEM itself with its own crossover design and different impedance, FR, etc.

Now, with that said, can you please share a link where someone described Venom to smooth out the sound too much?

Sep 16, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #148 of 191
Here you go @twister6 . Btw, thank you so much for all your reviews and commentary! You truly help so many of us. And you are always spot on with your impressions :)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/liquid-links-cable-discussion-thread.964303/post-17266982

Unfortunately, I don't have and never heard of plunge customs mentioned in that post, so it is hard to tell. From my notes while testing Traillii and Jewel, Venom made them sound more revealing, more resolving, improved the clarity of mids, pushing their presentation more forward, but it didn't make them sound brighter or smoother.

Sep 16, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #149 of 191
Unfortunately, I don't have and never heard of plunge customs mentioned in that post, so it is hard to tell. From my notes while testing Traillii and Jewel, Venom made them sound more revealing, more resolving, improved the clarity of mids, pushing their presentation more forward, but it didn't make them sound brighter or smoother.
Thank you! That helps....will give it a try :)

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #150 of 191
Hello all, I just acquired an Annihilator 23 (which sounds amazing), and it comes with a Liquid Links Martini cable. I’ve been reading that the Venom is an excellent upgrade for the Anni. But I can’t find a Venom for sale online that has the Elysian P-ear connectors. Anybody know where I can order/purchase one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back