Liquid Gold - 2014
Feb 10, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #541 of 808

What DAC are you going to use with the LAu and the Utopia?

Ahhhh, that is the rub.  After spending many years paying off the student loan and credit card debt I accrued in college and grad school, I promised myself that I'd live debt free going forward (minus essentials like a mortgage and car payment).  I had a budget going into CanJam, and the LAu and Utopia purchases consumed it.  For the time being, I'll likely run from my husband's media server or one of the portable DACs I already have.

That being said, I will be saving whatever money I find in my couch cushions, so if anyone has recommendations for a DAC that would pair well with my (hopefully soon) evolving setup, they would be most appreciated!  It motivates me at work to have something to save for, so I would love suggestions for a DAC. 
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #542 of 808
Ahhhh, that is the rub.  After spending many years paying off the student loan and credit card debt I accrued in college and grad school, I promised myself that I'd live debt free going forward (minus essentials like a mortgage and car payment).  I had a budget going into CanJam, and the LAu and Utopia purchases consumed it.  For the time being, I'll likely run from my husband's media server or one of the portable DACs I already have.

That being said, I will be saving whatever money I find in my couch cushions, so if anyone has recommendations for a DAC that would pair well with my (hopefully soon) evolving setup, they would be most appreciated!  It motivates me at work to have something to save for, so I would love suggestions for a DAC.  :xf_eek:

Your Mojo is a fantastic DAC already. Just pick up a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I'm running the Chord DAVE to the LAu and the Mojo isn't really too far behind, objectively speaking. For now the Mojo will be a great DAC, IMO, and you'll not find one that measures better anywhere near its price.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #543 of 808
Your Mojo is a fantastic DAC already. Just pick up a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I'm running the Chord DAVE to the LAu and the Mojo isn't really too far behind, objectively speaking. For now the Mojo will be a great DAC, IMO, and you'll not find one that measures better anywhere near its price.

I found this on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VQH37G/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w
which I think should work?

Your feedback on the Mojo makes me feel better, thank you.  
redface.gif
  When I first got into this hobby I was buying lots of stuff, and many of the cans and IEMs I bought get little to no use.  So now I am trying to really put thought into what to buy, while saving $ for higher quality components that I can use heavily and enjoy for years.  It will likely be at least a year before I purchase a DAC, o its good to know that the LAu and Utopias won't be slumming it.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #544 of 808

That being said, I will be saving whatever money I find in my couch cushions, so if anyone has recommendations for a DAC that would pair well with my (hopefully soon) evolving setup, they would be most appreciated!  It motivates me at work to have something to save for, so I would love suggestions for a DAC. 
redface.gif

For that kind of TOTL setup you should look into a DAC like the Schiit Yggdrasil. Best I've ever heard (& currently own) and still a value pick as far as TOTL DAC's go. Should be a hell of a setup with just the LAu & Utopia though

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #545 of 808
For that kind of TOTL setup you should look into a DAC like the Schiit Yggdrasil. Best I've ever heard (& currently own) and still a value pick as far as TOTL DAC's go. Should be a hell of a setup with just the LAu & Utopia though

You changed your eagle avatar! :)

I found this on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VQH37G/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w
which I think should work?

Your feedback on the Mojo makes me feel better, thank you.  :xf_eek:   When I first got into this hobby I was buying lots of stuff, and many of the cans and IEMs I bought get little to no use.  So now I am trying to really put thought into what to buy, while saving $ for higher quality components that I can use heavily and enjoy for years.  It will likely be at least a year before I purchase a DAC, o its good to know that the LAu and Utopias won't be slumming it.

Yup, something like that would be fine.

:beerchug:

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #546 of 808

redface.gif

For the time being, the Mojo will serve you well. And the AudioQuest Evergreen will also work well. I'm actually running the Mojo with that same cable for one system.

When you're ready for a TOTL DAC, consider the Holo Audio Spring Level 3. I find it to be an incredible DAC.

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #550 of 808
I noticed that on Cavalli's website some of the amps are unavailable, but then I read this forum and it started to make sense. btw I believe the amp you are talking about is the new liquid tungsten. But I might be wrong

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #554 of 808
Almost everything was at the MrSpeakers booth. I listened to Spark, Carbon, Glass, Gold, and Tungsten there. It was nice to be able to hear the variety of amplifiers, particularly when using Gold as a familiar reference point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back