Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour
Feb 14, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 194
Good to hear :) We will do our best to make the Super BaX available for testing at Can Jam Singapore and let you know once arranged. Though we currently have full focus on the release of the currently planned versions, we keep an eye on the interest for the 4.4mm and will consider it should demand be high enough.

Mm..thanks. will audition it at Canjam Singapore.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #17 of 194
I would like to add that I now have:

ALO CDM
Zeus XRA (hopefully in time for the tour)

So my full list:
64 Audio ADEL A12
ALO CDM
Chord Mojo
Zeus XRA

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #18 of 194
Username: adonissk
Connector: MMCX or 2-pin. Termination: 3.5mm SE or 2.5mm TRRS 
Testing Gear: IEMs: Campfire Audio Vega, Shure SE846, Ultimate Ears 18 Pro. SOURCES: Onkyo DP-X1, Chord Mojo, Oppo HA2-SE. 

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #19 of 194
The tours have begun. 3x 2Pin and 1x MMCX Super BaX 3.5 TRS is currently being tested by the first test persons in the US, the UK, and Germany (later Switzerland, France and Belgium).

@Dellwolf
@PinkyPowers
@Ike1985
@ironpeg
@Matte82
@Cagin
@nmatheis
@adonissk

We appreciate your interest. Please PM your full address information, phone number and e-mail, then we will make sure to include you in the tour close to you.

Cheers

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #23 of 194
Review: Linum Super BaX

Disclaimer: The Estron Linum team sent me the Linum SuperBax for evaluation and asked me to post a review here on Head-fi.   Thank you for the opportunity

I’m not completely new to the Linum line of head phone cables..  awhile back I obtained the Custom Art Ei.xx IEM which were purchased with the intent of getting more bass bottom end than I was used to getting from my CIEM UE PRO setup…  I discovered a review by Twister6 http://www.head-fi.org/products/customart-ei-xx-6-driver-ciem-massdrop-edition/reviews/14140 where he was comparing the Linum cable and I decided to purchase the Linum BaX to pair with the CustomArt Ei.xx and it worked perfectly smoothing out the bottom end of the spectrum.   Just what it needed…

I have never heard of any complaints about the standard BaX other than it is super thin and at times it can tangle a little while in use or while putting it away after a listening session … manageable but still an attribute that you need to pay attention to… 

so when the Linum team announced they were developing a Super BaX I wanted to see how it performed with my CIEMs.

It’s a different cable design as it has these attributes over the Standard BaX

Less impedance - .75 ohm vs 1.5 ohm

Extra strength -  doubled up the wire strands

No more tangling but still is a very comfortable cable to wear

Improved Connector is now a strong 90 degree angled termination

I have never felt microphonics as being an issue with any of the Linum cables

So I pair the Super BaX cable with the CustomArt Ei.xx and I notice that the lower bass is brought out more than I wanted it to be and then I thought if the Super BaX can change the signature like this on the CustomArt Ei.xx what would it do with the UE PRO… so I pair the Super BaX with the UE PRO

To me the UE PRO with the Super BaX cable is a great pairing..  its like the whole spectrum just gets pumped up, they come alive and still maintain a great balance over all…   So I’m keeping the Super BaX for the UE PRO setup..  very very nice.

Besides the two CIEMs ( Ei.xx and UE PRO) used for the evaluation of the Super BaX cable I utilized the following equipment… 

For the source I used the Iphone 6 plus because I like the way the Onkyo HF Player converts the music into real time DSD playback when the Iphone 6 is hooked up to a DoP compatible USB DAC.  Onkyo calls it their High-Precision Mode. 

For the DAC/AMP I utilized the ifi micro iDSD (Silver Edition) as it has all of the bells and whistles required to drive just about any Headphone/IEM available.  And it sounds great.

Music was a mixture of just about everything…  I just put the source into song shuffle mode and played away for a few days… 

The Super BaX is a nice custom cable that just works... and it works very well...  no complaints here...  I can't wait to read how some of you experience the sound changes you get while pairing with your IEMs.. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #24 of 194
  Review: Linum Super BaX

Disclaimer: The Estron Linum team sent me the Linum SuperBax for evaluation and asked me to post a review here on Head-fi.   Thank you for the opportunity

I’m not completely new to the Linum line of head phone cables..  awhile back I obtained the Custom Art Ei.xx IEM which were purchased with the intent of getting more bass bottom end than I was used to getting from my CIEM UE PRO setup…  I discovered a review by Twister6 http://www.head-fi.org/products/customart-ei-xx-6-driver-ciem-massdrop-edition/reviews/14140 where he was comparing the Linum cable and I decided to purchase the Linum BaX to pair with the CustomArt Ei.xx and it worked perfectly smoothing out the bottom end of the spectrum.   Just what it needed…

I have never heard of any complaints about the standard BaX other than it is super thin and at times it can tangle a little while in use or while putting it away after a listening session … manageable but still an attribute that you need to pay attention to… 

so when the Linum team announced they were developing a Super BaX I wanted to see how it performed with my CIEMs.

It’s a different cable design as it has these attributes over the Standard BaX

Less impedance - .75 ohm vs 1.5 ohm

Extra strength -  doubled up the wire strands

No more tangling but still is a very comfortable cable to wear

Improved Connector is now a strong 90 degree angled termination

I have never felt microphonics as being an issue with any of the Linum cables

So I pair the Super BaX cable with the CustomArt Ei.xx and I notice that the lower bass is brought out more than I wanted it to be and then I thought if the Super BaX can change the signature like this on the CustomArt Ei.xx what would it do with the UE PRO… so I pair the Super BaX with the UE PRO

To me the UE PRO with the Super BaX cable is a great pairing..  its like the whole spectrum just gets pumped up, they come alive and still maintain a great balance over all…   So I’m keeping the Super BaX for the UE PRO setup..  very very nice.

Besides the two CIEMs ( Ei.xx and UE PRO) used for the evaluation of the Super BaX cable I utilized the following equipment… 

For the source I used the Iphone 6 plus because I like the way the Onkyo HF Player converts the music into real time DSD playback when the Iphone 6 is hooked up to a DoP compatible USB DAC.  Onkyo calls it their High-Precision Mode. 

For the DAC/AMP I utilized the ifi micro iDSD (Silver Edition) as it has all of the bells and whistles required to drive just about any Headphone/IEM available.  And it sounds great.

Music was a mixture of just about everything…  I just put the source into song shuffle mode and played away for a few days… 

The Super BaX is a nice custom cable that just works... and it works very well...  no complaints here...  I can't wait to read how some of you experience the sound changes you get while pairing with your IEMs.. 

Can you give some details on how you found the cable in terms of tangling; does it feel good being so thin; things like that please.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #25 of 194
Username: maniac2003
Connector: 2-pin and MMCX
Testing Gear:
- IEMs: 64 Audio U8, Custom Art Ei.XX, UE900
- Sources: Pioneer XDP-300R, FiiO X3 II (maybe the X5 III if it is in the same timeframe as FiiO's review unit) 

Can compare with the Linum BaX 2-pin, BaX 2-pin Balanced (in transit) and BaX MMCX

Feb 28, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #26 of 194

Can you give some details on how you found the cable in terms of tangling; does it feel good being so thin; things like that please.

The Standard BaX is the super thin model that can at times coil on you...   most of the time its only an issue when you are wrapping the cable up after use and it just needs a little extra care...
The Super Bax does not coil or tangle as it has two times the wire filaments twisted together... so its more like any standard cable in that respect.
Both feel strong and not abrasive at all...  they are both thin enough that they wrap over the ear without any hard wire stays required.  they are well built and have a color almost a light human skin.
A short time after you start to listen with them you won't even notice them...  

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #27 of 194
I will be releasing my review soon of the SuperBaX with my Campfire Audio Vega (Mine) and Lyra II (Little Brother's) from my Questyle QP1R. Stay tuned for the review and soon after, photos.

Quick impressions:
The cable is impressively beautiful and amazing in feel. One thing I noticed right off the bat is the lack of tangling, its lightness, and smooth feel. Based on that, I didn't have much expectations or belief it would sound any bit impressive but I was completely wrong. I'll save that for the review. But since someone asked, the cable doesn't kink or tangle at all. It has no "memory wire" effect that I seem to get from all my other cables, both OEM stock and custom. The SuperBaX ALWAYS lays flat and straight. The right angle termination is a welcome addition and microphonics are nonexistent even while walking around my college campus. While it is more visible, obvious considering the use of 4 wires instead of 2, the SuperBaX feels like I'm not wearing anything and really makes me forget I have it on. Its something I can't say the same about every other cable I have owned. The only thing I will say about sound is that it performs WAY better than its size would lead you to believe. Its sound is as excellent as its strength.

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #28 of 194
Received my purchased cable today and it is excelent. I have previously had the old super thin version but sold it as I didn't get on with it on ergonomics. This new one is a completely different story and I know I will love it. Sound seems very good too but I'll need more time with it to comment. My existing cable that I have had for several years is the TWau Reference and the iem is JH13

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #29 of 194
Received my purchased cable today and it is excelent. I have previously had the old super thin version but sold it as I didn't get on with it on ergonomics. This new one is a completely different story and I know I will love it. Sound seems very good too but I'll need more time with it to comment. My existing cable that I have had for several years is the TWau Reference and the iem is JH13

I did not know it was available yet.

Thanks

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #30 of 194
My review sample for the Linum Super BaX 2-pin cable should be delivered tomorrow, I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back