Linsoul x 7HZ x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko Product Launch
Jul 17, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #91 of 95
Thanks...waiting for the S12 to arrive and will be getting a Qudelix 5K as well. I always adjust to my taste and 5K will allow for more precise changes vs using wavelet.
The S12 equalises so well. With the Quedelix 5k you should end up with a 'made to measure' S12.

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #92 of 95
The S12 equalises so well. With the Quedelix 5k you should end up with a 'made to measure' S12.
I hope so!
Have never tried a planar iem but based upon my research seems like the biggest "issue" is fit/comfort. Hopefully, these manufacturers will come up with some design changes to shape/nozzle length/angle, etc. that can increase comfort w/out degrading sound. Should be lots of new planars coming out in the next year and hopefully the competition will spur improvements while keeping the price in check.

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #93 of 95
Got mine. Have been listening to them over the weekend and compared them with a friend's Timeless. The Timeless still comes on top for me. The Dioko is basically a Timeless with lesser quantity on both ends of the spectrum (bass and treble), kinda like transforming a v-shape onto a neutral signature, taking away some of the energy and engagement of the Timeless. The Timeless excels on its v-shape flavor while the Dioko seem safe and doesn't have the wow factor upon first listen. The detail retrieval is there as well as the soundstage width. The Timeless is still a tad better on the stage height and depth though.

viber_image_2022-07-18_10-43-04-710.jpg

Jul 19, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #95 of 95
I don't think that's what he said at all. He doesn't have the filters either. It's a lean and mean tonality for sure. And doesn't have that midbass slam some IEMs do. But everything else is pretty much the best at under 100$. I hear no peeks or bright spots in the treble whatsoever. It's not silky smooth treble but its not siblant or even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back