Linnenberg spa1: a new contender in the sub-1k€ balanced discrete headamp market?
Mar 15, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #31 of 40
Hngls and skyblue please continue to give further impression of the Spa1. I got Mr. Linennberg to spill some more characteristic of the amp. Laid back and warm sound is he said best describe the sound signature. " All of our gear has a laid back sound placing emphasis on nothing but the music. You will easily find gear from other brand giving you more bass, more mids, more highs, more false dynamic and so on, but you will notice very soon that this gear is robbing your nerves and listening fatigue occurs." He also mentioned some feedback loop in the circuit of the amp to produce it house sound

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #35 of 40

About 30 hours in...

I find tone and timbre to be accurate, bass tight and controlled,
treble nicely extended however mids a tad forward and upper mids slightly hot .

The stepped attenuator takes some getting used to, it‘s missing the sweet spot on some of my fave songs.
When paired with the LCD-2 rev.2 at 0db gain 3/4 clicks is plenty loud, -5db gain results in softer less impactful bass.
Minimum vol. setting does not mute .

I’ll leave it to burn in some more as Ivo reckons a min. of 48 hours .

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #37 of 40
Ah, still breaking-in. since It arrived to me 10 days ago ; short listen to it yesterday, and my ears tell me at this early stage the unit is still half roasted ... still need another week or so for it to go full throttle.
Nevertheless, with past experience in using V200 & Burson ( that kind of stuff ) this spa1 sounds to me simply belongs to another league.
Its exterior may not match the V200 cosmestic, while way ahead if compare to Buxxxx, internally the spa1 should belongs to an end to some DIY modifier with realistic sense. I only find the level control a bit too coarse for precise sound level adjustment, but with the absolutely clean power it provide there is always a tendency to turn a bit louder, or simply accept the way it is ... well, we are in real world and nothing created by human is perfect :)). Afterall it is only a machine / or consumer product !!
Soundwise, ah, this is tricky to describe in terms of high/mid/low section separately, let me run the it longer for some solid comment.

By the way, my system has Marantz SA-7, Metronome cd, V800 dac, T1, HD-800, LCD-2, all baalanced cable ... and many more hi-fi accessories.

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #38 of 40
No news anymore since march 2012?...
confused.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #40 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back