TOUR CLOSED - LIME EARS US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - LE2, LE3SW, and Aether >>> Starting February 2017
Jul 29, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #166 of 210
Initial impressions are very good. I spent about an hour with the LE2 and found that i enjoyed them more than the LE3 (with or without the switch on), they have a very natural and neutral presentation that was very enjoyable, though the grain and lack of detail is a downside - overall a very nice entry level CIEM. I honestly didn't like the LE3 nearly as much, i found their tonality to be off. Vocals and some of the lower treble sounded shouty to my ears, and it lacked some of the warmth of the LE2, but with the bass switch on it boosted it too far and it bleeds heavily into the mids. They are more detailed though, so that is a plus. Listening to the Aether now, and i have to say i see what all the fuss is about. For those looking for a fun daily driver custom, these would be hard to beat. They've taken what I've thrown at them very well and have a balanced, if not slightly forward nature. More impressions to follow :p

Edit: After some thinking it occurs to me that with the bass switch on on the LE3 it isnt so much that the bass bleeds into the mids as there is a sloping bump that rises from the bass to the mids, affecting the signature. Either way I preferred it in the off position.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #171 of 210
Aug 10, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #173 of 210
Currently enjoying my custom ver, so glad I joined this tour. Have been through many other many times expensive iems, I could happily settle down with it for many years as main iem. The signature and tonality are exceptional in this league.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #174 of 210
I live in Tuckahoe, NY, and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to the terms of the tour.

Aug 11, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #175 of 210
Currently enjoying my custom ver, so glad I joined this tour. Have been through many other many times expensive iems, I could happily settle down with it for many years as main iem. The signature and tonality are exceptional in this league.
Congratulations, glad to hear you made the leap. This is an exceptional CIEM.

Aug 11, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #176 of 210
Aug 11, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #177 of 210
BTW, I would love to hear you opinion on the universal vs. the custom. It seemed to me based on contorting my ears to get the best sound that the custom would take it a step higher in performance. Can you tell any differences from what you experienced in the demo vs. your new custom?

Aug 11, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #178 of 210
I live in Palo Alto, CA and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to the terms of the tour.

Aug 11, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #179 of 210
@gearofwar I'm interested in the difference between the universal and custom too. I'll be honest, I spent a long time trying to adjust the headphones in my ears. I found them often uncomfortable, and the sound definitely changed depending on the insertion depth and angle, and that did impact my listening experience :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back