Lilith Audio Player
Jul 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #451 of 505
Using the open folder option in Ulilith navigate to the folder with the m4a files choose "all files" otherwise the file is not visible. It should play with your CCC codecs. You have a i7 which is multi core so core2 64 should work.I don't know what difference it makes in functionality or sound..give it a try you can always delete the folder if it does not work for you.

Jul 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #452 of 505
Quote:
Using the open folder option in Ulilith navigate to the folder with the m4a files choose "all files" otherwise the file is not visible. It should play with your CCC codecs. You have a i7 which is multi core so core2 64 should work.I don't know what difference it makes in functionality or sound..give it a try you can always delete the folder if it does not work for you.

What I've done, is open the playlist, and either dragged over a m4a file or chose "Add".  I can see the file(s) when I choose "all files", but it doesn't actually add the file(s) to the playlist.  Are you able to play m4a files?

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #453 of 505
Yes they play fine on my setup using the method I described. The codec filter that is used is the "Lav Filter"

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #455 of 505
I would be surprised if you do not have the proper codec installed in that codec pack. Yes you can manually install the Lav codec if you want to go that route or you could uninstall your codec pack then install the K-lite Mega Pack. Of course you also could convert your M4a files to flac or some other format as well using the free software:  FormatFactory or FreeMake Audio Converter.

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #457 of 505
Good. He is pretty fast in his replies.Let's see what he says.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #458 of 505
Update:

So now I'm able to actually add m4a files to my playlists, but they sound like the Chipmunks.  LOL!  But at least I'm getting somewhere.  The thing I was missing on how to be able to get uLilith to recognize the m4a was this (thanks to Northern Verse!!):

Quote:
[size=10.0pt]MP4 Splitter[/size]
[size=10.0pt]http://mpc-hc.org/downloads/[/size]
[size=10.0pt](Please download “Standalone filters (x86)” ) or x64 depending on ur OS[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Please copy MP4Splitter.ax to System folder.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]Next, run below command line as administrator.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Regsvr32 MP4Splitter.ax[/size]

[size=10.0pt]This is usual way to install DirectShow filters.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]You can find detailed information on the Google.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]Please find “MP4Spiltter install”.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]You should also need to install “MpaSplitter.ax” and “MpaDecFilter.ax”[/size]

He also told me to download and install Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow, but since I already had those installed, I skipped those.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #459 of 505
Great he gave you some incites. I have the Lav Splitter set up as my MP4 Splitter instead which works for me.

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #460 of 505
Double post again for some reason Sorry
Probably a fault in my android tablet. Please delete

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #461 of 505
Quote:
Great he gave you some incites. I have the Lav Splitter set up as my MP4 Splitter instead which works for me.

I tried using the LAVSplitter, but it had the same problem.  Finally got it resolved thanks to Northern Verse again!!

Quote:
[size=9.0pt]It is Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder’ s bug.[/size]
[size=9.0pt]Please change AAC decoder filter.[/size]
[size=9.0pt]You can do with below tool.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm[/size]

Now playing m4a files work like a charm!!  Thanks for your help, Digiti!!

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #462 of 505
You are very welcome. I hope you enjoy the audio

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #463 of 505
There is a newer version of Ulilith available for download dated August 16,2013. Go the my message # 446 for the Ftp download link.

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #465 of 505
I am using the new version but notice no new changes in features or sound. I always try the latest version of programs like this. Your impression may be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back