Lightest Pair of FullSize Headphones?!
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
Which are the lightest headphones < 100Grams and also it has to sound as good as my Ultrasone Pro 750s :p Thanks. Since my Ultrasone weighs 295grams without cord hehe... i Truely can feel the weigh when tilting backwards and forward. I Dont mind the weight but i have to live with it, just wanted to know if anyone know that there are any light full size headphones out there.

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 32
the AKG 601 is 235Grams, bit too heavy.
come to think of it i think its really hard to find an full size one thats only weighs less than 100 grams :p if only google has a search that i can do...

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 32
They look pretty light the Grado series, but i cant find how exactly light they are. Also did more search the Alessandros also look light again no specs so far

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #6 of 32
Creative Aurvana Live! - 210 grams.

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 32
Woodie Grados are pretty light and my recollection is that the AT-AD2000s are light for their size also, though I may just have gotten on with their 3D UltraSuperAdvancedWing thingies. They may have been the only phones I actually forgot I was wearing, to the point that I tried to answer the phone with them on more than once.

o

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 32
At 200g (without cord) the Sony MDR-F1 are very light. I "forget" I have them on. But be carefull, they can make you miss appointments and meetings because their sound is so wonderfull!!!I have not heard the Ultrasone 750 yet but I think these Sonys would be an honest contender.

Under 100g, you might have to go with Koss Portapro/Sportapro or the KSC-75.

regards,

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #9 of 32
IME, the plastic-bodied Prestige series Grados (ie SR60, 80, 125, 225 + Alessandro MS-1) are among the lightest headphones I've used. The wooden cupped ones (eg RS1,2, GS1000) are a little heavier. Sorry, don't know their exact weights.

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #10 of 32
The cables become a factor when you talk about weight. You cannot put them on a scale without including the cables (which are of differing lengths, and thicknesses).....and how much of a factor is THAT weight when headphones are on your head. I have no idea why you proposed the question, which generally has nothing to do with anything.
The lightest weight 'phones I have would be RS-1 with flats. But, gee, what music are you playing?

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cables become a factor when you talk about weight. You cannot put them on a scale without including the cables (which are of differing lengths, and thicknesses).....and how much of a factor is THAT weight when headphones are on your head. I have no idea why you proposed the question, which generally has nothing to do with anything.
The lightest weight 'phones I have would be RS-1 with flats. But, gee, what music are you playing?

The Ultrasone 750 that i have now have detachable cable and without the cable it weighs 295Grams... so with it might be even more heavy, Ah its just some colleges of mine saying that i'll grow even shorter with that heavy thing on my head.

Oct 24, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #14 of 32
My ATH-AD700s are not heavy at all. A lot of times I find myself wearing them with no music playing, because I forget I have them on.

Oct 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Ultrasone 750 that i have now have detachable cable and without the cable it weighs 295Grams... so with it might be even more heavy, Ah its just some colleges of mine saying that i'll grow even shorter with that heavy thing on my head.

The discs between your vertebrae compress over time... regardless as to whether or not you're wearing something that weighs less than a pound on your head.

If that is seriously your only concern and you find those cans comfortable... wear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back