Light Harmonic GEEK
Feb 26, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #331 of 1,658
I think not Bro. The're are 2K backers on Kickstarter alone.

Don't remember if they will ship it separately or together with your Pulse.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #334 of 1,658
  How do we know who will receive in which batch?

I doubt they will let people know in case they have to rearrange things during shipping.  Probably first come, first serve from the campaign, which means I will most likely get mine in the big March 28th batch as I only got in at the $159 slot.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #335 of 1,658
I got in the $139 dollar slot,
I from the look of the release unit #, I should get them on the second batch.
It appears they have brought the unit to San Francisco meet. Has anyone on head-fi have an impression on it?

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #336 of 1,658

First Shipment Set to Go Out on Friday!

Shipment Schedule:
  1. February 28 - 100 units
  2. by March 14 - 200 more units
  3. by March 28 - 1700 more units

[COLOR=0B1902]The reason for the small batches on the first couple of shipments is due to the need to ramp up final assembly, QC, and fulfillment.  Their automated testing equipment needs to be fine tuned, so the first 300 units are all being tested individually.  They've decided to do all of this in-house as depending on subcontractors has proven to be costly in both time and resources.  Gavin wished they could get them out faster, but this he says is the safest and most reliable way for them to do it.  If they can ramp up faster, they certainly will.  But for now, this is their schedule.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0B1902]See you Kickstarter Update. [/COLOR]

Thanks for the update! I haven't had much time to browse the Light Harmonic forums lately. It's great that they're getting things going though.

Larry mentioned it, but will these units have the op-amp modification? He said something after CES that there's a tweak that can be done to "make it better."

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #337 of 1,658
Thanks for the update! I haven't had much time to browse the Light Harmonic forums lately. It's great that they're getting things going though.

Larry mentioned it, but will these units have the op-amp modification? He said something after CES that there's a tweak that can be done to "make it better."

Yes, these will have any of the tweaks Larry discovered during/since CES. Now to sit here and wait another month for mine to arrive.

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #338 of 1,658
Just for info:

Posted by Gavin Fish ♥ Like
I've been receiving a lot of requests to update addresses before we start shipping.  I can't possibly change all of these addresses manually.  So if you need to update your shipping info, please log into BackerKit (http://geek.backerkit.com) and update your address ASAP.
Thank you!

And this got me excited on my email:

Thanks again for backing GEEK: A New USB Awesomifier for Headphones!
We just wanted to let you know we just charged $30.00 to the credit card you provided for the extra add-ons or shipping you selected. We will post an update on when we are ready to ship!

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #341 of 1,658
Mar 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #344 of 1,658

This link will give you more specific answers on that topic. In short: yes.

http://mustgeekout.blogspot.com/2013/08/geek-vs-others.html

Dragonfly v1.2 came out since, much improved and 100$ cheaper...
I ordered both GEEK and Dragonfly v1.2, neither shipped yet
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #345 of 1,658
Thanks.
I'm not sure what headphones i'm getting, but is the standard 450 mW enough to drive all the popular headphones such as Sennheiser HD800, AKG Q701 and so on? or should i add the 50$ to get the more powerful version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back