Light Harmonic GEEK
Jan 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #318 of 1,658
  Would be so nice if we could get some official update. Can someone ping Light Harmonic on FB or Twitter?

End of February for backers according to a 1/23/14 update sent via Kickstarter, roughly a 4 week delay.  No word on pre-orders.  

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #322 of 1,658
Just to let you guyz know....

1. Larry Ho
  2. OFFLINE
  3. Moderator
  4. rankmod.gif
  5. Posts: 917
  6. Thank you received: 786
  7. Karma: 31  

Hi, Force

For Geek Out, we just had another good demo in SF this weekend. And we got a rave feedback.
Final assembly and complete quality control testing process will start very soon.

After that... Ship out!! 
smile.png

2014 projects begin!
Lead Engineer/ LH Labs

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #326 of 1,658
  They're still projecting end of Feb.

I've got a bridge to sell ya if anyone believes that....
and I'm as eager as anyone.

but they've slipped on everything except raising money.

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #327 of 1,658
I've got a bridge to sell ya if anyone believes that....
and I'm as eager as anyone.

but they've slipped on everything except raising money.
I'm not the only one who thinks they've spread their time and resources a bit thin with the addition of the pulse and all the extras with it. But, almost every crowd-sourcing venture is late with delivery, so they're not unusual from that perspective.

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #328 of 1,658
As a software developer I know how long it can take to work out all the niggling little issues. This is their first product for their labs branch, I'm sure they want to get it right.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #329 of 1,658

First Shipment Set to Go Out on Friday!

Shipment Schedule:
  1. February 28 - 100 units
  2. by March 14 - 200 more units
  3. by March 28 - 1700 more units

The reason for the small batches on the first couple of shipments is due to the need to ramp up final assembly, QC, and fulfillment.  Their automated testing equipment needs to be fine tuned, so the first 300 units are all being tested individually.  They've decided to do all of this in-house as depending on subcontractors has proven to be costly in both time and resources.  Gavin wished they could get them out faster, but this he says is the safest and most reliable way for them to do it.  If they can ramp up faster, they certainly will.  But for now, this is their schedule.

See you Kickstarter Update. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #330 of 1,658

First Shipment Set to Go Out on Friday!

Shipment Schedule:
  1. February 28 - 100 units
  2. by March 14 - 200 more units
  3. by March 28 - 1700 more units

The reason for the small batches on the first couple of shipments is due to the need to ramp up final assembly, QC, and fulfillment.  Their automated testing equipment needs to be fine tuned, so the first 300 units are all being tested individually.  They've decided to do all of this in-house as depending on subcontractors has proven to be costly in both time and resources.  Gavin wished they could get them out faster, but this he says is the safest and most reliable way for them to do it.  If they can ramp up faster, they certainly will.  But for now, this is their schedule.

See you Kickstarter Update. 

i ordered the geek out along with the geek pulse via indiegogo. do you know if that march 28 batch includes all those indiegogo backers, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back