Light Harmonic Geek Wave
May 9, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #5,913 of 5,933
In my humble opinion, it was outright mismanagement on all levels and ultimately theft. Hiding behind the crowdfunding sites nebulous rules was pure cowardice and no names were mentioned to implicate the guilty party. If this gets me banned, so be it.

Never ever will I participate in any crowdfunding exercise as it's basically a scam because the site never holds them accountable for their actions.

May 9, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #5,914 of 5,933
I heard they stole designs from Campfire Audio, but I only heard this in passing and don't know what they supposedly stole. There's a post about it on audiophilestyle.com that I'll try to track down when I have some time.
It was the design of the Stella they supposedly stole from Campfire but as far as I remember they couldn’t prove it in court so it was dropped.

The inner chamber was supposedly stolen from CA. The one CA unit LH had in their possession (which had the chamber design) was never opened though and LH provided photographic evidence of that. I believe the guy at LH who took the photos for me when I asked him to.

Anyway. I still have the Mera and Stella which I never use and haven't heard for a couple of years but I probably need to upgrade the cable to for a 4.4mm TRRS.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #5,915 of 5,933
@Shawnb how is the Cayin C9? I've been thinking about getting one. They seem like great amps. Have you posted anything on Head-Fi about it?

Due to this thread, I pulled out the Stella IEMs after years of storage and while trying to remove the eartips, this happened:

ut004bf.jpg

I am (pretty) sure no one at LH can fix these and probably would not respond to requests to do so either. And I don't have any contacts there so no inside information. This sucks. I guess I'll try to contact them and see if anything can be done regardless. They DO have a "Chat" function on their site.

I remember not liking the Mera much (I barely used it) but I *seem* to remember it did better for rock than the Stella did, which seemed more built for jazz.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #5,916 of 5,933
@Shawnb how is the Cayin C9? I've been thinking about getting one. They seem like great amps. Have you posted anything on Head-Fi about it?

Yeah it's a very nice amp. Haven't been using it much as it's hard to stack it with the N8ii, but they make a very nice combo. I'm debating letting it go since I hardly use it.

Ouch on the Stella's. You can still contact LH support, they aren't that helpful but do respond. I just finished fighting with them over my damaged cable for the Oscar's that they refuse to reterminate or do anything about

May 11, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #5,917 of 5,933
Yeah it's a very nice amp. Haven't been using it much as it's hard to stack it with the N8ii, but they make a very nice combo. I'm debating letting it go since I hardly use it.

Ouch on the Stella's. You can still contact LH support, they aren't that helpful but do respond. I just finished fighting with them over my damaged cable for the Oscar's that they refuse to reterminate or do anything about
It was totally my fault. I was careless when removing the eartip. Oh well. I barely use IEMs anyway, preferring full size. And if I did make the leap into IEMs fully, I'd get customs. The Meras still work and sound really good fwiw. Have you ever found the Oscar to be sibilant? When I auditioned them, I felt they sounded very good but were sometimes sibilant which turned me away from really fully enjoying them.

jyTPwTu.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #5,920 of 5,933
I was able to wrangle 2 pairs of Mera before LH went dark. Using one pair. Kept the other pair for a rainy day. My wife made a random comment about wanting something nicer than her wired apple earbuds (the ones that came with her iPod touch). She could care less about audio/ gear it’s a convenience only. In fact I have made more than a few upgrades to HT and music system and never even noticed.

I gave her the 2nd pair of Mera IEM to use and she was immediately impressed and even commented how good they sounded.

May 24, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #5,921 of 5,933
So my Oscar XXI's finally died on me after all this time. Right IEM volume is like half of the left side, so appears to be a dead driver or two. Long past the warranty date, if I even had one. Going to RMA them in the next day or so and we'll see what happens. Knowing who I'm dealing with I don't expect much

May 27, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #5,922 of 5,933
So my Oscar XXI's finally died on me after all this time. Right IEM volume is like half of the left side, so appears to be a dead driver or two. Long past the warranty date, if I even had one. Going to RMA them in the next day or so and we'll see what happens. Knowing who I'm dealing with I don't expect much

They responded to me a couple of days after my inquiry and told me Stellas could not be repaired as they were "end of life" products.

Jun 21, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #5,924 of 5,933
As expected LH is fighting me tooth and nail over the RMA. Latest is massive damage was somehow done and are asking me to somehow prove I used them normally.
Claiming as much as "We found one of the cable inlet connectors has tearing out damage due to long time usage or some horizontal force. This will need to open the chassis and replace a new one and 3D print the internal structure all over again. And solder all the BA insides, the connector metal has been push severely and wore out on ONE side and that cause the major problem. And we can not further dig in unless removing the 3D internal support structure which will need a new print one when we put everything back"

We'll see if they cover it under the warranty if I even still have one. @stuck limo do you know if the warranty for the Oscar was different at the beginning, or was it only for the limited time frame as now?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #5,925 of 5,933
As expected LH is fighting me tooth and nail over the RMA. Latest is massive damage was somehow done and are asking me to somehow prove I used them normally.
Claiming as much as "We found one of the cable inlet connectors has tearing out damage due to long time usage or some horizontal force. This will need to open the chassis and replace a new one and 3D print the internal structure all over again. And solder all the BA insides, the connector metal has been push severely and wore out on ONE side and that cause the major problem. And we can not further dig in unless removing the 3D internal support structure which will need a new print one when we put everything back"

We'll see if they cover it under the warranty if I even still have one. @stuck limo do you know if the warranty for the Oscar was different at the beginning, or was it only for the limited time frame as now?

I thought it was lifetime warranty but I literally cannot remember. I could be way off on that but I thought it was an extremely long time because it was a flagship product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back