Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 11, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #5,897 of 5,933
@Shawnb, glad you finally got a response from whomever is still working at LH Labs/Light Harmonic and I hope you receive your earphones soon...

FYI, I contacted them through the lightharmonic.com website on 1/7 and received one Stella and one Mera on 1/10 via their exchange program. Amazingly fast turnaround.

Jan 19, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #5,898 of 5,933
Got my headphones today, will try them out tomorrow. The only good thing I can say is they marked it as a $50 value so I got to avoid some taxes. Now to the bad, none use the 2 pin connector so won't work with any of my other cables, and in pure LHL fashion one set of Mera's was sent opened with a missing tip. Hasn't had a chance to try them out yet will over the next few days. Hopefully they won't suck as much as I'm expecting and I can feel less guilty pawning them off on friends and family.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #5,899 of 5,933
I think the Mera's are pretty good. I got two pairs. Used one and kept a second in reserve. About a month and a half ago my wife says, I'd like to try something better than my apple ear buds. Broke out the other pair and she loves them.

Jan 20, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #5,900 of 5,933
I think the Mera's are pretty good. I got two pairs. Used one and kept a second in reserve. About a month and a half ago my wife says, I'd like to try something better than my apple ear buds. Broke out the other pair and she loves them.

They could be the best IEM’s ever made but the still carry the stench of the scam artist. If they aren’t stealing designs from other companies, they are scamming the masses via crowdfunding.
I’ll likely pawn these off in unsuspecting family members who think Beats are good headphones, that way I won’t feel so guilty fostering this crap on them.

Actually I think I’d rather prefer Beats over anything from these scammers

Jan 20, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #5,901 of 5,933
They could be the best IEM’s ever made but the still carry the stench of the scam artist. If they aren’t stealing designs from other companies, they are scamming the masses via crowdfunding.
I’ll likely pawn these off in unsuspecting family members who think Beats are good headphones, that way I won’t feel so guilty fostering this crap on them.

Actually I think I’d rather prefer Beats over anything from these scammers
I can't disagree with anything you have said. I wouldn't support Gavin Fish, Larry Ho, Light Harmonic, LH Labs or even the newly named Larry Hope. Never going to support something on Indiegogo either.

I feel that with the headphones delivered I can basically move past this.

I still feel horrible for everyone who was not brought any closure. Larry and Gavin should be in jail.

Feb 7, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #5,903 of 5,933
So is there any resale value for our stuff or is the name so well known that no one will buy any of it? I'd love to offload all my Mera's, Stella and Oscar. I'm aware I'm likely will never find a buyer for the Pulse and Source SE, still I'd like to offload the rest of it if I can

Oct 6, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #5,904 of 5,933
After finally getting a pair of Tralli’s I can finally compare them to the Oscar’s. Despite the fact the Oscars came out two years before the Bird they stack up pretty well.
I’m really conflicted on my feelings. On one hand it proves Larry could do some amazing things when he put his mind to it, on the other I’m pissed off even more at how they ****ed it all up and threw it all away.

Such a ****ing waste 😭

Oct 8, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #5,905 of 5,933
After finally getting a pair of Tralli’s I can finally compare them to the Oscar’s. Despite the fact the Oscars came out two years before the Bird they stack up pretty well.
I’m really conflicted on my feelings. On one hand it proves Larry could do some amazing things when he put his mind to it, on the other I’m pissed off even more at how they ****ed it all up and threw it all away.

Such a ****ing waste 😭

but . . . who did they copy?

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #5,906 of 5,933

Such a ****ing waste 😭
How? Total incompetence that was rewarded by IGG (they police nothing). Raise millions, do whatever you want, walk away. What a great business model.

Oct 14, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #5,907 of 5,933
but . . . who did they copy?

I heard they stole designs from Campfire Audio, but I only heard this in passing and don't know what they supposedly stole. There's a post about it on audiophilestyle.com that I'll try to track down when I have some time.

I was looking for info on the Stellas as I was offered one for partial trade. Somehow I had forgotten about Light Harmonic and LH Labs. Seeing this thread as a result made it all come rushing back. Part of me wants to try the Stellas because I have seen some positive stuff about them and I'm a curious gearhound by nature, but the other part isn't sure I want anything to do with a product put out by this Larry Ho & Co.

Oct 14, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #5,908 of 5,933
I heard they stole designs from Campfire Audio, but I only heard this in passing and don't know what they supposedly stole. There's a post about it on audiophilestyle.com that I'll try to track down when I have some time.

I was looking for info on the Stellas as I was offered one for partial trade. Somehow I had forgotten about Light Harmonic and LH Labs. Seeing this thread as a result made it all come rushing back. Part of me wants to try the Stellas because I have seen some positive stuff about them and I'm a curious gearhound by nature, but the other part isn't sure I want anything to do with a product put out by this Larry Ho & Co.

It was the design of the Stella they supposedly stole from Campfire but as far as I remember they couldn’t prove it in court so it was dropped.

They are pretty nice headphones. They sound very good.

How? Total incompetence that was rewarded by IGG (they police nothing). Raise millions, do whatever you want, walk away. What a great business model.

The sad part is Larry can and did design an amazing IEM, one that has not been matched or even come close to the number of drivers. An IEM that came out over 2 years before the all mighty Tralli yet can still stack up.

Yes they screwed many of us over but that doesn’t change the fact that can make amazing gear, hence why it’s a shame they ****ed it all up.

Jan 13, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #5,909 of 5,933
Light Harmonic are just as bad as LHL. I damaged the 2.5mm connector on my Oscars and first they tell me they will send a replacement cable then then once I provide my address the bastards turn around and refuse to replace and tell me to buy my own.
How the screw do I do that when it’s a custom made cable for the IEM’s. But I shouldn’t be surprised as they are nothing but scammers and liars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back