Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #5,642 of 5,933
So Jarek, a quick question...

Is the fact that LH is offering IEM exchanges for Pulse or Analogue components an admission that LH will never ship these components out? And by extension, if LH gets around to offering some kind of exchange for Wave or Vi DAC backers that that is also an admission that these products will never ship?

Jan 25, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #5,643 of 5,933
So Jarek, a quick question...

Is the fact that LH is offering IEM exchanges for Pulse or Analogue components an admission that LH will never ship these components out? And by extension, if LH gets around to offering some kind of exchange for Wave or Vi DAC backers that that is also an admission that these products will never ship?

No to both questions, at least for Wave, Pulse, Vi DAC, etc. For the Analog, I'm unsure at this point. I'll try to find out.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #5,646 of 5,933
No to both questions, at least for Wave, Pulse, Vi DAC, etc. For the Analog, I'm unsure at this point. I'll try to find out.
Jarek,

The problem is that we Wave backers have no viable schedule of when production will actually occur. It's been 5 years since I ordered my Wave, and there's no real schedule as Larry keeps redesigning the unit every time a vendor changes a component or something becomes obsolete. It would help if Larry actually hired someone who could take charge and deliver something. Larry most likely isn't going to do it. We have no faith in him any more.

Jan 28, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #5,647 of 5,933
I can confirm that the exchange program is up and running, as I received my IEMs (Oscar, Stella, Mera) today. Everything happened promptly, so thanks to Jarek and LHL.

I'm live watching on the spreadsheet and talking with the office right now as the boxes being prepped/shipped are being marked off and tracking numbers are being generated. Probably do an update this week on the progress.

Jan 28, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #5,648 of 5,933
@stuck limo, I understand that some people who perked for the Wave also perked for the products that Light Harmonic has decided can option for an IEM to offset some of their long-gone donations, but it would seem to me that your posts on the progress of the exchange program would be much more relevant in this thread, if you opened up the exchange program option to all who perked for the Wave... I find Light Harmonics decision to offer to only some who have not received long-promised products to be somewhat unsettling and further add to our frustration/anger... Unless you plan to broaden this exchange program option to all who perked for the Wave, maybe you should start a new thread to log your progress, so the rest of us don't have to be reminded about what we have lost with no clear plans for any real compensation from Larry Ho.

Jan 28, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #5,649 of 5,933
@stuck limo, I understand that some people who perked for the Wave also perked for the products that Light Harmonic has decided can option for an IEM to offset some of their long-gone donations, but it would seem to me that your posts on the progress of the exchange program would be much more relevant in this thread, if you opened up the exchange program option to all who perked for the Wave... I find Light Harmonics decision to offer to only some who have not received long-promised products to be somewhat unsettling and further add to our frustration/anger... Unless you plan to broaden this exchange program option to all who perked for the Wave, maybe you should start a new thread to log your progress, so the rest of us don't have to be reminded about what we have lost with no clear plans for any real compensation from Larry Ho.

I have no idea which backers are following which threads, and the backer exchange program has already been discussed in this thread, and people are demanding information. Feel free to disregard or ignore any posts regarding the exchange program (at current status/state) from me or anyone else.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #5,650 of 5,933
One thing you’ll notice is none of these headphones come with the crappy 3.5mm balanced connector so why is that being forced on Wave owners?

Why should we have to buy adapters to use any of these with the Wave?

Just another crappy design decision Larry made for LHL backers.

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #5,651 of 5,933
Since we're on something like the fifth generation of the Wave what in the hail makes you think that the design (or even the last several generations) is still using the 3.5mm balanced connector originally speced five years ago? My guess is that at least the designs produced in the last 3+ years have had the crappy A&K 2.5mm balanced connector.

J.P.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #5,652 of 5,933
Since we're on something like the fifth generation of the Wave what in the hail makes you think that the design (or even the last several generations) is still using the 3.5mm balanced connector originally speced five years ago? My guess is that at least the designs produced in the last 3+ years have had the crappy A&K 2.5mm balanced connector.

J.P.

Last time I asked @stuck limo confirmed it's still using the 3.5mm balanced.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #5,653 of 5,933

J.P.

Last time I asked @stuck limo confirmed it's still using the 3.5mm balanced.

3.5 single ended, 2.5 balanced.

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #5,655 of 5,933
that’s great news. I always thought 3.5mm balanced was a mistake. Not sure why that format even exists, just leads to confusion.
I think (?) the 3.5 mm balanced was on the Geek Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back