Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 12, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #5,598 of 5,933
Since the recent 10 January 2020 I am hopeful again that before the end of the eyar maybe midyear I will have a WAVE in hand.
I posted an encouragng message of thanks to the TEAM and I do hope they take it to heart as I am serious.
I missed the points made about storage microSD cards, but these must be supported as without them the WAVE is useless. I have 2 alreday on another player each can take 258GB. So It shouldnt be so difficult.
Thank you to Stuck Limo for paying attention and working away quietly in the background. Thanks guy keep at it.

I am well aware that PRC has had manufacturing probs and quality issues in the general downturn. Maybe now Taiwan has sown it has GUTS, and I think Larry if from Taiwan originally, it may be good to trust Taiwan manufacturers as their Isus range etc were very reliable. I used to visit Taipei regularly in late 90s and early 20's, and one thing they do have which A1 is TEA. I am a tea drinker and loved going about to the various tea farms like winererie for tasting ( I no longer drink alcohol although I grew up in the wine rowing area of Cape Town, Africa of Huguenot origin. I so pride myslef on being an excellent Mahjong player and used to annoy my Taiwanese friends for beating them always even if it was for token amounts. They disliked the idea that a Weiguo Jen was so good at their national game :)) But I learnt to play as a preteen child from an old ex resident of Hong Kong on many weekend stayovers with my school friend.
Happy New Year 2020
Lloyd

Thanks for the support and encouragement! Where did you post that message?

Also, The SD card slot will be there on the same side as the buttons.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #5,604 of 5,933
The SD card slot will be there on the same side as the buttons.

So the final drawing isn't the final drawing? Should be interesting to see how they fit a slot in the angle! Should be like machining the VI cases.
upload_2020-1-13_7-49-26.png

Interesting since:
FAQ: Why Geek Wave project took so long?
Modified on: Sun, 17 Sep, 2017 at 5:54 AM

Stage 6/ RC1: This is the current stage we are now. PCB fabrication is done of Release Candidate 1. And PCBA is scheduled to be done before the end of this month. We will have an updated Gantt Chart for the details in the other article.

Yes. The whole project took several detours of fundamental platform or CPU changing. Also, in order to get the best performance, we didn't compromise to use existing Android systems or leverage some platform designed for Android phones. These are the few key factors that played in schedule delay. If we could go back in time, we definitely will skip few wasted steps and go to the conclusion we have now. Saving time is to save cost. So we truly believe LH Labs' members are just like all backers, we are eager to finish this project without cut corners.

Currently, we have Larry and Matt/Gerber boy working on the final hardware changes if needed. We have Craig and two to work on high level software and user interface. Jessy is in middleware layer and display driver. Lan and his team is on the Operation System level and audio output software optimization. We just recruited another good hardware manufacturer project manager/leader in Asia that will come on board in early Nov. Our production leader, Sandi will work with him hand in hand to make production cycle smooth.

We really want to express our most sincere thanks for you great patience and understanding. We will keep pushing to finish this project. Like the other 13 projects we did before. This one is big and this one is tough. But we will make it.

I especially like :"Like the other 13 projects we did before"

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #5,607 of 5,933
OK, stuck limo, you now have some serious responsibility to honestly set the record straight on the Geek Wave... Last year you told us that LH Labs was broke and clearly left the impression that the Wave's chances of successful completion (not just in beta form) were very slim... Now you are posting "renderings" of a case that don't even match your clarified description re: microsd slots (by the way, how are they going to fit slots into that angled edge?) and more delays in the PCB board (that was supposed to be drawn up in October 2019) because the board has to fit this new "case"... You've crossed over from the truly comical to unforgivably cruel by providing hope of a completed Geek Wave to a person with a terminal illness... Unless there have been some major developments that you and Larry are not sharing with all of us backers, then you know as well as I do that the Geek Wave will never reach fruition...and you will always be associated with this huge scam. How about an honest post of what is really going on?

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #5,608 of 5,933
If LHL actually have been working on the Wave anymore, which I seriously doubt, why would you redesign the player again? Why not just stick to a design and finish it?

Anybody can make some nice CAD-drawings and feed us lies. What’s in it for you? Why does Larry bother with this charade?

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #5,609 of 5,933
If Larry throws in the towel officially then he's a failure and the whole world will know it. This way he can perpetuate the lie until it fizzles so he can hide his massive screw up as an engineer and human being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back