Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #5,581 of 5,933
Backers folly was entrusting a persuasive marketer (Gavin Fish) and a purported engineer (the Ho) with millions of dollars to make reputedly SOTA audio gear without any production guarantees or proof of concept whatsoever. It’s an extraordinarily well executed scam when you think about it.

Hold up there, boss. I never stated or indicated I was surprised. The OTHER poster asked that question. I simply referred the questioner to the people who kept talking about it.

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #5,582 of 5,933
Backers folly was entrusting a persuasive marketer (Gavin Fish) and a purported engineer (the Ho) with millions of dollars to make reputedly SOTA audio gear without any production guarantees or proof of concept whatsoever. It’s an extraordinarily well executed scam when you think about it.

I have a Geek Out I remain quite pleased with. 5 years later hindsight is 20/20, but at the time there weren't particular alarm bells.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #5,584 of 5,933
Technology is evolving faster than their manufacturing !

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #5,585 of 5,933
Technology is evolving faster than their manufacturing !
I am So so disappointed. Even 4 months ago I received a so called update about how Geek Wave prototype was now almost ready for full production. Since then not a peep.
I was one of the earliest backers I think it was 2014 because Wave promised a replaceable battery and I have previously lost several DAPS to irreplaceable batteries.

Now I have terminal cancer fighting with chemotherapy and I have had my money "stolen".

I researched LH Labs Da Vinci before backing and they seemed highly respected and reliable.
What has happened to Larry HO? Can he not have the decency at least to send a letter to all of us?

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #5,586 of 5,933
I am So so disappointed. Even 4 months ago I received a so called update about how Geek Wave prototype was now almost ready for full production. Since then not a peep.
I was one of the earliest backers I think it was 2014 because Wave promised a replaceable battery and I have previously lost several DAPS to irreplaceable batteries.

Now I have terminal cancer fighting with chemotherapy and I have had my money "stolen".

I researched LH Labs Da Vinci before backing and they seemed highly respected and reliable.
What has happened to Larry HO? Can he not have the decency at least to send a letter to all of us?

Wave update posted. Also, I've been working behind the scenes on Pulse and HPA campaigns. That's all I can say at this point until something concrete happens.

Jan 10, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #5,587 of 5,933
Wave update posted. Also, I've been working behind the scenes on Pulse and HPA campaigns. That's all I can say at this point until something concrete happens.

so another 2 months and they might have boards to fit the CAD chasis.

where is the project plan?

No micro SD slot?

What are the new specs since the original parts are probably out of date.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #5,589 of 5,933
What HPA? You told me at least a year ago that was abandoned. What's changed?

HPA/Analog campaign. May have to do with specific items. Maybe not. I legit can't say until there's final plans. Maybe there's some life in it? I've been pushing Larry on it. Again, can't say for sure what will happen. But I have been working on something at Larry's request. If or when something happens, the backers will know.

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #5,590 of 5,933
HPA/Analog campaign. May have to do with specific items. Maybe not. I legit can't say until there's final plans. Maybe there's some life in it? I've been pushing Larry on it. Again, can't say for sure what will happen. But I have been working on something at Larry's request. If or when something happens, the backers will know.

Ah I see. Oh well I cashed all that in anyways so it's no concern to me.

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #5,592 of 5,933
On the Light Harmonic Website when you click About us "The company started with USD$15K paid-in capital with USD$100K annual revenue in first year. "

Yet they somehow claim poverty and can't afford to produce anything we crowdfunded. Just total BS all around

Jan 11, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #5,593 of 5,933
@LH Labs, even if anyone still believes your "Wave Updates" mean anything in the real world, you should still go back and review your old updates before posting new ones... You told us in October 2019 that you all were drawing up the PCB boards for the beta units, now in your latest update you are showing another rendering of a case (that is almost 100% guaranteed to never see a production line) and you tell us that the crew is working on a PCB board to fit the case??? Hmmmm... I guess we have missed nothing in the past 3 months... And now you will probably come out with some semantic argument telling us some technical reason for the seeming disparity in the updates... I, for one, can't wait to hear this one! But based on past experiences, you will not take the time to really address any of this... but why should you? It's all a farce and you've known it from the very start!

Jan 12, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #5,595 of 5,933
The only updates I care about at this point are the legal processes if there ever are any. I got screwed...I've accepted it.
Since the recent 10 January 2020 I am hopeful again that before the end of the eyar maybe midyear I will have a WAVE in hand.
I posted an encouragng message of thanks to the TEAM and I do hope they take it to heart as I am serious.
I missed the points made about storage microSD cards, but these must be supported as without them the WAVE is useless. I have 2 alreday on another player each can take 258GB. So It shouldnt be so difficult.
Thank you to Stuck Limo for paying attention and working away quietly in the background. Thanks guy keep at it.

I am well aware that PRC has had manufacturing probs and quality issues in the general downturn. Maybe now Taiwan has sown it has GUTS, and I think Larry if from Taiwan originally, it may be good to trust Taiwan manufacturers as their Isus range etc were very reliable. I used to visit Taipei regularly in late 90s and early 20's, and one thing they do have which A1 is TEA. I am a tea drinker and loved going about to the various tea farms like winererie for tasting ( I no longer drink alcohol although I grew up in the wine rowing area of Cape Town, Africa of Huguenot origin. I so pride myslef on being an excellent Mahjong player and used to annoy my Taiwanese friends for beating them always even if it was for token amounts. They disliked the idea that a Weiguo Jen was so good at their national game :)) But I learnt to play as a preteen child from an old ex resident of Hong Kong on many weekend stayovers with my school friend.
Happy New Year 2020
Lloyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back