Light Harmonic Geek Wave
May 30, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #5,297 of 5,933
This new message from stuck limo makes me smile.... I'd be totally shocked if Larry does not have the "status report"... Can't Larry read "Chinese"? and can't Larry just pick up a cell phone and translate the letter so that stuck limo can transcribe the message? and then let us in on the latest update? Seems like just another way to slow down "progress".....

May 30, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #5,298 of 5,933
The agony continues. I feel sorry for the product backers and for the good employees of LH, and I am sure there are good people involved on both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #5,299 of 5,933
Some of us here do read and write Chinese so why not just post up the report untranslated?

May 31, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #5,302 of 5,933
This new message from stuck limo makes me smile.... I'd be totally shocked if Larry does not have the "status report"... Can't Larry read "Chinese"? and can't Larry just pick up a cell phone and translate the letter so that stuck limo can transcribe the message? and then let us in on the latest update? Seems like just another way to slow down "progress".....

The status report exists, I have screens.

Yes, I used Google Translate on the screens I saw (first thing I did) and nothing in the report on those particular screens were of any use (to the vast vast majority of backers) to this particular discussion over the actual progress . They were just very technical and in broken English. That's why I'm waiting for Larry to translate the full document and arrange it in a way that is pertinent and understandable.

May 31, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #5,303 of 5,933
I’ve refrained from commenting for quite a while as other Indiegogo ‘tech’ campaigns that I (retrospectively) gullibly supported have also proven to be fraudulent scams. Having been duped with a few ostensibly plausible crowdfunding ventures (5 at last count) I despair at the illegality condoned by Indiegogo and to a lesser extent Kickstarter, as these hosting bodies take their fees and then absolve themselves of any financial responsibility (via their T&C) when campaigns clearly have no intention of ever delivering nowt.

What’s especially unpalatable in this case is that initially Larry (LH Labs) did deliver a fine sounding USB DAC/Amp which I still occasionally use. Then arguably his companies ability to deliver ever more technologically advanced crowdfunded products outstripped their capacity to deliver them. Nowadays I’ve written the ‘Wave’ off as a financial misadventure and never expect to ever receive anything apart from informational smokescreens from Larry - despite Jarek and his optimistic naivety.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #5,304 of 5,933
How many Pulses could you have completed if you didn't waste even more money on this dream of a Wave?
How many other orders could people have gotten rather then this utter waste of time and money. You can't afford a $120 refund, how will you ever afford to make a single Wave? Quit wasting everyone's time and focus on everything else. There never will be a Wave.

Why is Larry keeping this folly going? Give it up already.

May 31, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #5,305 of 5,933
Why is Larry keeping this folly going? Give it up already.

I for one am not willing to so easily let him off the hook. The last thing we need is for Larry to be able to claim that backers told him give up the project and somehow allow him to justify (in his mind) that it was then OK to do so.

Jun 1, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #5,306 of 5,933
I for one am not willing to so easily let him off the hook. The last thing we need is for Larry to be able to claim that backers told him give up the project and somehow allow him to justify (in his mind) that it was then OK to do so.

While I certainly see your point and respect it, I think it's been clear for a long time now that Larry has justified (in his own mind) a far worse, completely unethical, and flat out illegal scenario.

Moreover, the jerks at IGG aided and abetted that fraud.

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #5,308 of 5,933
The problem is that they are currently working on Wave 4 (or is it 5), but none of the previous versions were shipped. Yes, most companies develop a product, do a production run and sell them while developing the next generation. These last little nuisance steps tend to please the customers and help pay for development of the next generation. I do wonder where LH Labs came up with this plan whereby they skip the last few steps.

It would be nice if they would ship one of these many generations of the Wave.

What???

Yes, even I have become sufficiently disillusioned to air my frustrations publicly, yet I still hold out some foolish hope that I will eventually receive at least some of the products that I backed.

J.P.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #5,309 of 5,933
While I certainly see your point and respect it, I think it's been clear for a long time now that Larry has justified (in his own mind) a far worse, completely unethical, and flat out illegal scenario.

Moreover, the jerks at IGG aided and abetted that fraud.

This is true....in the end LHL has admitted that their campaigns were a lost cause. Every time they ran out of cash they opened a new campaign and IGG gladly let it happen. Multi-level marketing to perfection...there is currently no source of cash to do anything meaningful. Sure we get some design pics from time-to-time, but honestly, even if they actually get to something there are no funds to manufacture anything.

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #5,310 of 5,933

Users who are viewing this thread

Back