Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #5,266 of 5,933
It was in 2015 at a meet in the bay area and I managed to get the their booth just before finishing. When I asked when is the Pulse going to ship as it was already over schedule Gavin hastily replied...soon just before setting off in a rush. Front his body language I could tell something was off. I didn't get the confidence he believed in his product the way Dan from mr. Speakers did when I spoke to him.
I wasn't proven wrong. Hopefully we can do obscenities on their graves someday.

Thanks for the account of your experience with Gavin. I can see it wouldn't have inspired confidence, to say the least.

Apr 25, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #5,269 of 5,933
Tell Larry I'll trade my Wave order for the Oscar XX1 in-ears

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #5,272 of 5,933
KANN CUBE
$1499
https://us.astellnkern.com/products/kann-cube?variant=20890792230971

KANN CUBE is the second model of the KANN line, which focuses on high fidelity with powerful output and low noise. The newly designed powerful amplifier and audio circuitry have been strategically implemented to offer a very low noise floor, even with its massive power output, making it an Audio Powerhouse capable of driving the most power-hungry headphones.
Three Audio Output Modes, Up to 12V of Power

Dual ESS ES9038PRO DACs, designed for Pro Audio Equipment
5-pin Mini XLR Output for Even Less Noise
Quad-Core CPU
5.0" 720x1280 HD Touchscreen
32bit/384kHz, Native DSD256 Support
Open APP Support for Music Streaming

Introducing the Astell&Kern KANN CUBE, which achieves more powerful output and lower noise than ever before.

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #5,275 of 5,933
I bought a Fiio M11 from Aliexpress. Very nice unit, great sound, smooth operation. I only look in on this thread now to see if I am every going to get any of my money back. Foolish hope, I know.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #5,277 of 5,933
KANN CUBE
$1499
https://us.astellnkern.com/products/kann-cube?variant=20890792230971

KANN CUBE is the second model of the KANN line, which focuses on high fidelity with powerful output and low noise. The newly designed powerful amplifier and audio circuitry have been strategically implemented to offer a very low noise floor, even with its massive power output, making it an Audio Powerhouse capable of driving the most power-hungry headphones.
Three Audio Output Modes, Up to 12V of Power

Dual ESS ES9038PRO DACs, designed for Pro Audio Equipment
5-pin Mini XLR Output for Even Less Noise
Quad-Core CPU
5.0" 720x1280 HD Touchscreen
32bit/384kHz, Native DSD256 Support
Open APP Support for Music Streaming

Introducing the Astell&Kern KANN CUBE, which achieves more powerful output and lower noise than ever before.
Should've added a Tim Allan grunt.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #5,278 of 5,933
Should've added a Tim Allan grunt.
Hmm. Don't know how to reply to that. Just cut/pasting from the press release.
I think the KANN CUBE is very brick like. Not for me, but shows innovation over this time with both DAC, UI/UX, and new outputs (mini-XLR).
Since we've plopped down our money the rest of the world has moved from theory to implementation -- multiple times.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #5,279 of 5,933
Hmm. Don't know how to reply to that. Just cut/pasting from the press release.
I think the KANN CUBE is very brick like. Not for me, but shows innovation over this time with both DAC, UI/UX, and new outputs (mini-XLR).
Since we've plopped down our money the rest of the world has moved from theory to implementation -- multiple times.
Just the old 'Home Improvement' show. Their thing was 'More Power.' Just made me smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back