Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 6, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #4,546 of 5,933
And obviously, a lot of us would have been much better off had they just declared bankruptcy on the whole thing sooner than later (if that's what they end up doing). Like some of the others in this thread, I've been waiting for my first Hi-Res DAP to be the Geek Wave (and also something to hold my considerable MP3 collection). Instead, I've nothing to show for it and could have been quite happy with the devices that have been released in the ensuing years. Lost money is lost money and at least some other DAP would now be in my hand.

Jul 6, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #4,547 of 5,933
@stuck limo, after all this time, why can't Larry H just come out and honestly level with us? You can see from this thread that many people are just hanging on to the merest, feeblest hope that the Wave will be released at some future point and their long, long wait may have been worth it... But it looks to me that several people have invested lots and lots of money into the dream of owning a Wave, the purported highest quality DAP ever to be made, but many have not been able to set aside any more money to invest in another high quality DAP that is already available on the market. They have lost 4 yrs of audio enjoyment, thanks to LH Labs dishonesty! I guess Larry can just rationalize that there was never any Wave-delivery guarantee, and if this campaign (and other LHL IGG campaigns) fails, well this is just the cost of business... But to me, Larry is coming off as extremely arrogant and selfish... If the Wave is not going to be completed and people are never going to receive their "promised perks", then Larry OWES it to ALL of US to come out and say so! Sure, many people will be angry, but many people are already angry... Larry can't believe that he can salvage his future career/reputation by continuing with this charade; his F-rating from the BBB, all the negative comments he has received in forums like this one, and the less than positive feedback on the IGG comments section have already badly tainted his business image... NOT ONE person who perked during the Wave campaign did so with the knowledge or understanding that the Wave would take over 4 yrs after the campaign closed to be delivered; and you know what? It has now been 4 yrs and we have not even seen 1 basic Wave beta unit! This is unacceptable by any measure, especially given that the Carnival barker Gavin Fish and the Circus clown Casey Hartwell worked so hard to convince us that the Wave would be ready for the retail market by July 2015... In my opinion, the Wave campaign has already failed, and Larry continues to hurt, I mean HURT, many people who once believed in this campaign. I would like a reasonable response from you or Larry, not just for me, but for everyone else who perked during the Wave campaign... Since Larry is clearly not going to be able to deliver the Wave anytime soon (ie, within the next 3-6 months), then he NEEDS to provide us with an honest assessment (NOT some rephrased retread of a worthless campaign update!) on the actual status of the Wave campaign. In the eyes of the crowd-funders who plowed lots and lots of hard earned money into this LH labs campaign, he has nothing left of his reputation to lose. If, on the other hand, he continues to persist in his claims that the Wave is still alive and well, then he certainly owes us some video proof... No more dishonest, meaningless words... And, stuck limo, if you are unable to put together any reasonable information that will honestly benefit the Wave backers, can you at least admit to when Enough will actually be Enough? Thank you.

Jul 7, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #4,548 of 5,933
@stuck limo, after all this time, why can't Larry H just come out and honestly level with us? You can see from this thread that many people are just hanging on to the merest, feeblest hope that the Wave will be released at some future point and their long, long wait may have been worth it... But it looks to me that several people have invested lots and lots of money into the dream of owning a Wave, the purported highest quality DAP ever to be made, but many have not been able to set aside any more money to invest in another high quality DAP that is already available on the market. They have lost 4 yrs of audio enjoyment, thanks to LH Labs dishonesty! I guess Larry can just rationalize that there was never any Wave-delivery guarantee, and if this campaign (and other LHL IGG campaigns) fails, well this is just the cost of business... But to me, Larry is coming off as extremely arrogant and selfish... If the Wave is not going to be completed and people are never going to receive their "promised perks", then Larry OWES it to ALL of US to come out and say so! Sure, many people will be angry, but many people are already angry... Larry can't believe that he can salvage his future career/reputation by continuing with this charade; his F-rating from the BBB, all the negative comments he has received in forums like this one, and the less than positive feedback on the IGG comments section have already badly tainted his business image... NOT ONE person who perked during the Wave campaign did so with the knowledge or understanding that the Wave would take over 4 yrs after the campaign closed to be delivered; and you know what? It has now been 4 yrs and we have not even seen 1 basic Wave beta unit! This is unacceptable by any measure, especially given that the Carnival barker Gavin Fish and the Circus clown Casey Hartwell worked so hard to convince us that the Wave would be ready for the retail market by July 2015... In my opinion, the Wave campaign has already failed, and Larry continues to hurt, I mean HURT, many people who once believed in this campaign. I would like a reasonable response from you or Larry, not just for me, but for everyone else who perked during the Wave campaign... Since Larry is clearly not going to be able to deliver the Wave anytime soon (ie, within the next 3-6 months), then he NEEDS to provide us with an honest assessment (NOT some rephrased retread of a worthless campaign update!) on the actual status of the Wave campaign. In the eyes of the crowd-funders who plowed lots and lots of hard earned money into this LH labs campaign, he has nothing left of his reputation to lose. If, on the other hand, he continues to persist in his claims that the Wave is still alive and well, then he certainly owes us some video proof... No more dishonest, meaningless words... And, stuck limo, if you are unable to put together any reasonable information that will honestly benefit the Wave backers, can you at least admit to when Enough will actually be Enough? Thank you.

I've shared your letter with Larry. If I hear anything back, I'll let you know.

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #4,551 of 5,933
Such a shame to see a company with great products being accused of IP infringement and other numerous customer complaints. I don't know what I'll do without my gov2+.
This whole fiasco just seems very unprofessional with representatives from both parties arguing back and forth with customers instead of dealing with it legally. And then you have a bunch of people who invested money and time into lh labs constantly criticizing lh labs...such a mess.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #4,553 of 5,933
LH Labs simply making trouble themselves, where is Pulse Infinity and Suddenly LPS production, now all goes silent and no one received one, and no plan no timeline to deliver anything and drag on? If they can’t make it just refund or settle with backers that no longer need it as all of us got new DAC new DAP while waited 2x 3x 4x longer than promised, and partial refund as R&D spent is very reasonable, but simply not possible due to lacking of cash, unless new fund available, some of the fund from IGG been used for company expansion like new facilities, now both LH and backers stuck at the bottleneck, or dead end, Larry as a man please be frank to backers, don’t hide and state the current status and possible solutions with the backers, don’t drive LH Labs too hard to deliver something people no longer needed because you already spent the fund you received and trying to honor the promises, as time goes by, the situations change as well, we have to find the way out and End the Saga, we see the light at the end of tunnel several times and back to darkness again and again, we are tired!

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #4,554 of 5,933
@willowbrook, I agree, this whole IGG and LH Labs fiasco is a pathetic mess... I'm no lawyer, but if you or anyone else out there knows an effective legal solution to get backers some reasonable restitution, then I'm sure we would all like to be informed.... Outside of this, I'm afraid Larry is going to have to continue to live with all the slings and arrows coming his way....In my opinion, too many people were deceived by LH Labs to let this all just go by the wayside... Sometimes, people have to create a mess to finally reach a reasonable solution... In this case, I believe we are all waiting for Larry to present his case in an honest and accurate way...So, Larry Ho, any response from you?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #4,556 of 5,933
@willowbrook, I agree, this whole IGG and LH Labs fiasco is a pathetic mess... I'm no lawyer, but if you or anyone else out there knows an effective legal solution to get backers some reasonable restitution, then I'm sure we would all like to be informed.... Outside of this, I'm afraid Larry is going to have to continue to live with all the slings and arrows coming his way....In my opinion, too many people were deceived by LH Labs to let this all just go by the wayside... Sometimes, people have to create a mess to finally reach a reasonable solution... In this case, I believe we are all waiting for Larry to present his case in an honest and accurate way...So, Larry Ho, any response from you?
Indeed you have every right to complain, they've gone far enough with this. It almost seems like a scam.

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4,557 of 5,933
Refunds should definitely be given. It's not like they lost ALL that money. None of these devices have even been PRODUCED. So there has only been R&D, basically, and that's all on them. Plus, they could always utilize that R&D to make their own players in the future, etc. There's no reason the money should not just be returned in full.

Jul 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #4,558 of 5,933
Refunds should definitely be given. It's not like they lost ALL that money. None of these devices have even been PRODUCED. So there has only been R&D, basically, and that's all on them. Plus, they could always utilize that R&D to make their own players in the future, etc. There's no reason the money should not just be returned in full.
Agree

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #4,559 of 5,933
It’s naive to think that the charlatan who’s kept your money for 4+ years would willingly give it back.

Larry’s earned an “F” rating on BBB and continues to ignore a constant barrage of legitimate complaints here and on his own forum- it’s clear that he does not give a f*ck about fixing the situation. Now’s about time where I would seriously start considering a class action lawsuit. Resolution won’t happen without taking the initiative.

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #4,560 of 5,933
maybe this is naive of me, but it would make me feel physically sick to know that i did "business" with this many people, and afterwards every single one of them regretted it.

i just so wish i had never gotten involved in this mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back