Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 7, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #3,931 of 5,933
As an American lawyer, I'm very curious as to how this is legal. It seems that everyone crowdfunded this on the basis of fraudulent misrepresentation- Geekwave may have led consumers to believe that a working product was to be imminently deliverable, NOT vaporware 3 years later. I'm not giving legal advice nor advocating anything, as I don't know the specifics or even if I have the facts straight, but if I were a backer, I'd be thinking potential class action lawsuit.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #3,932 of 5,933
I think that may be premature. The Wave and the Source have yet to be Not Delivered. They simply have not yet been delivered. While I am losing faith in the long term viability of LH Labs, I still believe that they will deliver the Source and the Wave(s). It is unfortunate that they are running so far behind schedule. This and their unfathomably poor communication have finally soured me on a company that for a long time held great hopes for. Larry appears to be a good designer and has a great ear and desire to deliver great sounding products but he needs some serious professional help to run the company.

J.P.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #3,933 of 5,933
I think that may be premature. The Wave and the Source have yet to be Not Delivered. They simply have not yet been delivered. While I am losing faith in the long term viability of LH Labs, I still believe that they will deliver the Source and the Wave(s). It is unfortunate that they are running so far behind schedule. This and their unfathomably poor communication have finally soured me on a company that for a long time held great hopes for. Larry appears to be a good designer and has a great ear and desire to deliver great sounding products but he needs some serious professional help to run the company.

J.P.

You bring up good points, but the more I dig onto this crowd funding thing the more stupid it looks. While asking for insurance/escrow may prove costly, what isn't costly is Indiegogo (and similar others) requiring suitable documentation, regular updates, and business plans that need to be adhered to a requirement (if not then refunds are a must). LH Labs is merely operating in an environment that says "screw the backers." Lets face it, Indiegogo has been paid, Paypal has been paid and LH Labs has been paid. Without ensuring suitable business practices and just plain honesty, this whole business model is a total mess. I am totally shocked that LH Labs has been given the green light by Indiegogo to do whatever they want whenever they want. Backers are what makes this business model run, and they are getting screwed. Indiegogo won't change this as it is free and EASY money for them.

And if this Larry guy "needs some serious professional help to run the company" then Indiegogo should step in and get him the help right now, or end the campaign and make LHL offer refunds.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #3,934 of 5,933

J.P.

You bring up good points, but the more I dig onto this crowd funding thing the more stupid it looks. While asking for insurance/escrow may prove costly, what isn't costly is Indiegogo (and similar others) requiring suitable documentation, regular updates, and business plans that need to be adhered to a requirement (if not then refunds are a must). LH Labs is merely operating in an environment that says "screw the backers." Lets face it, Indiegogo has been paid, Paypal has been paid and LH Labs has been paid. Without ensuring suitable business practices and just plain honesty, this whole business model is a total mess. I am totally shocked that LH Labs has been given the green light by Indiegogo to do whatever they want whenever they want. Backers are what makes this business model run, and they are getting screwed. Indiegogo won't change this as it is free and EASY money for them.

And if this Larry guy "needs some serious professional help to run the company" then Indiegogo should step in and get him the help right now, or end the campaign and make LHL offer refunds.

:deadhorse:

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #3,935 of 5,933
Some of these comments are premature. Let LHLabs work n manufacturing and delivering our Geek Waves. They may be tardy bt they ave not defaulted on delivering any products. I got my GO2A and it works very well.
There are other IGG campaigns which were scams. In fact the worst one was run form Switzerland that home of secure law and banking. the scammer was exposed by Reddit but neither the Swiss authorities or IGG did anything about that a year ago or a few other IGG campaigns which proved scams. On the other hand I have had 4 IGG funded campaign products delivered that work well. All were sightly late. I have three others than Geek Wave still outstanding with constant updates received about usually failure of materials in products necessitating a redesign. The only reason I went for all the campaigns is becasue those products or similar were not available anywhere else. I would have bought them outright if they were. Discounts for backing was not what attracted me.
The biggest plus for me for Geek Wave was the promise of a replaceable battery as I have to ditch 2 previous DAPs due to battery failure and there is not way to replace them and the companies responsible just refuse to do anything about the battery replacement issue.
Now please give Larry a chance to deliver.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #3,936 of 5,933
Have a Pono, battery is starting to go now as well (got it crowd funded the same time as the Wave was being crowd funded, had it a few years now, use it daily). More expensive to repair than it's worth, and the price has come down, so I bought another as a back up for when it goes. I wouldn't have if I had any idea when the Wave will come, of course...

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,937 of 5,933

What is really sad is that they are still selling (at inflated prices) upgrades to the Wave that are now standard . For instance they still list WiFi and Bluetooth upgrade options...
Still trying to milk the cow I see.

Check:
HERE

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #3,939 of 5,933

What is really sad is that they are still selling (at inflated prices) upgrades to the Wave that are now standard . For instance they still list WiFi and Bluetooth upgrade options...
Still trying to milk the cow I see.

Check:
HERE

With "standard" you refer to other DAPs, right?

I keep reading that The Wave  (but who knows really) was going to incorporate several features in the basic module of the WAVE. Read back a few pages where people were talking about quite a few "perks" that people (such as myself ) had paid for that now everyone would receive as part of the base package. As in the one that everyone at minimum will get.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #3,940 of 5,933
back at the time i had a choice. either to backup this project. or wait 2-3 months till the Fiio X3 2nd gen is out and get it.
i decided to get the Fiio eventually. you can only imagine how reading this thread makes me feel :D 
sorry for all u guys that got fked.  personally i dont believe in " made in america" stuff except some special cases, this was obviously not one of them.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #3,941 of 5,933
I keep reading that The Wave  (but who knows really) was going to incorporate several features in the basic module of the WAVE. Read back a few pages where people were talking about quite a few "perks" that people (such as myself ) had paid for that now everyone would receive as part of the base package. As in the one that everyone at minimum will get.

Yeah... some perks we paid for are now included as standard. Those perks were in particular:
- 9018M DAC's Upgrade
- Standalone DAC Upgrade and
- ESS DAC 9018AQ2M Upgrade

If the WiFi and Bluetooth perks are now also included as standard... Well then the ****storm will continue.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,942 of 5,933
Ok so we got another update stating that the Wave 64 is up for all of the backers that got it to check. Where do I go to check it? I have created an account on their web store but nothing is listed for me although I did back a 64...

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #3,943 of 5,933
  Ok so we got another update stating that the Wave 64 is up for all of the backers that got it to check. Where do I go to check it? I have created an account on their web store but nothing is listed for me although I did back a 64...

http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/

If it's still not up there..... 

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #3,945 of 5,933

It should be on your account page summary, I too backed a Wave64 and it does show up on my account along with an X128.

Ugh, I can't believe I actually backed not one, but TWO different Waves. Double the agony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back