Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Sep 22, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #3,601 of 5,933
I have just received some message from Lh about geting a free gift of VIbrato if...that if is not clear. I have never heard for vibrato   
What is it a sex toy? Why are some getting this free gift and others not? Why bother to tell me as I certainly don't shop via Amazon a sthey do not ddliver to my country.

Ask for an IEM-X instead. Much better than the Vibrato IMHO and it's balanced cable will be "Wave-ready". Cheers

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #3,602 of 5,933
7/31/15 at 9:06am
Yep I choose the 'VaporWare Snake Oil' upgrade option -
biggrin.gif

Thankfully - I didn't click the 'enron upgrade option'

Anyway will un-sub from this thread and check once a year to see if any products shipping.

My yearly check in, still no Geek Wave? See you again in another year 
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #3,603 of 5,933
Not a fan of the IEM-X regardless; it's pretty sibilant to me. XD

I forgot, is the Wave going to have the ability to change the UI like the FiiO X5? I thought Larry had said something like that at one point or another. I like the Source UI they have right now except for the "now playing" screen, which looks pretty ugly in my opinion and the metadata could probably be presented better.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #3,604 of 5,933
  I have just received some message from Lh about geting a free gift of VIbrato if...that if is not clear. I have never heard for vibrato   
What is it a sex toy? Why are some getting this free gift and others not? Why bother to tell me as I certainly don't shop via Amazon a sthey do not ddliver to my country.

Hmmm..just wondering if they send different advertising mails around since I "just" received the mail mentioning the $30 Amazon discount code.

Are they still offering them for free?

Anybody already knows what the "Isolation Foam Tips" will include, how much LHL will charge for it and of course by when this will be available (or probably as always: pay in advance, wait forever)?

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #3,605 of 5,933
no updates about the WAVE ?

Sep 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #3,607 of 5,933
  My yearly check in, still no Geek Wave? See you again in another year 
wink.gif

I just did the same. Honestly, I think this is terrible. I just checked the campaign close date which was 13 July 2014, which is over 2 years now. Still no shipping date available and I just receive some updates in the development (still not seeing a prototype!) and tones of promotion of other new Geek products. Imagine how would one feels when waiting for Wave coming out, one also seeing other new Geek products launched later but released earlier. That is annoying. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #3,611 of 5,933
Whichever party shoulders the blame here, I don't really care any longer. I will just say that for them to take literally years for coming round to this realization and/or giving open disclosure as such, is almost an amusing spectacle. The sheer ineptness of the organization as a whole is amazing.

Troubleshooting failed PCBs in an attempt to salvage them, trying to market it as a 'brand new'? That's tethering on fraudulent behaviour. Despicable business ethics at best.

Coming clean now (or whatever it is called) no longer works. That ship has well passed. Many people on here and other forum boards were calling them out, asking for a truly realistic delivery date. Non-disingenuous BS. Fluffed-up updates such as showing a metal chassis -- 2 years after the campaign first started (showing alleged prototypes), and you come up with something that any engineering undergraduate could have worked up with SolidWorks / AutoCad?

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #3,612 of 5,933
So now that Gavin has so artfully thrown Larry Ho under the bus for the "disgusting" delays with the Pulse DAC, when is he going to pen another LH Labs mea culpa for the Wave.... I am "amazed" that it has taken Gavin this long to figure out that Larry can be "overly optimistic" and this has led Gavin to previously report multiple un-truths to us....  So now Gavin is trying to say that Larry said things that made Gavin lie to us?  So Gavin didn't have access to actual progress reports on LH Labs' products that showed many were woefully behind schedule?  Gavin couldn't have come out long before now to provide "realistic" delivery dates??  Give me a break...  I'm not sure who Gavin is trying to appeal to or who he is trying to make nice with, but I, for one, don't believe for one second even half of what Gavin says or writes.  He can try to shirk his part of the blame and deny responsibility for the misleading and fraudulent advertising that LH Labs is guilty of, but I can remind all of you to just go back and watch the Wave video on the Indiegogo site and you can see Gavin's active participation in the Wave disaster... Just listen to Gavin proclaim that the Geek Wave will be ready for retail marketing in July 2015!!   I would be willing to bet that Larry Ho was dragged into the "Geek Wave perkathon" by Gavin and his old pal Casey C. (Chartwell). There is clearly alot of blame to go around with LH Labs "disgusting" practices, but just because Gavin and Casey are "no longer employed" by LH Labs, they should not be excused from the total mess that is LH Labs.  I really hope that Larry and the rest of the existing LH Labs get it together and eventually get all their products delivered, but it is undeniable that all involved with LH Labs, both past and present (and yes, this includes Gavin), have incurred stains on their reputations that will take a long, long time to resolve....

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,613 of 5,933
I'm very glad I'm just in for the Wave64...  and I'm really hopeful that Larry and Co continue progress on it and we see it eventurally.  I really like the current form factor and amd cautiously optimistic that it will get delivered by Q1 of next year.  

As for the email, some interesting information... but delievered all wrong.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #3,614 of 5,933
I can't believe what I just read (not that I should really be surprised). The way he just tried to wash his hands of this ever growing debacle is deplorable, and practically of biblical proportions.

What makes me curious is why now. Now he's hit his moral breaking point? I don't buy it.

Though I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around for everyone involved, from a fundamental gut check level:

bs2.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #3,615 of 5,933
I can't believe what I just read (not that I should really be surprised). The way he just tried to wash his hands of this ever growing debacle is deplorable, and practically of biblical proportions.

What makes me curious is why now. Now he's hit his moral breaking point? I don't buy it.

Though I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around for everyone involved, from a fundamental gut check level:

bs2.gif

Why now?

He has to face people (officially on behalf of Audioengine no less) at RMAF in less than 2 weeks time.

I'll give him some small credit, he could have easily found excuses not to attend RMAF this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back