Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Apr 27, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,981 of 5,933

I've always found it difficult to find the various tickets Pages amidst the welter of Tabs. Just wish it were more clearly labelled. Maybe u could post the correct URL?
While I am about it I saw this and thought of all of the folk in this forum:

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #1,982 of 5,933
It's better than it was (the ticket system), have gotten some good response to recent tickets. It is on the Support page
http://lhlabs.com/support.html
the lower line of 3 boxes, support discussions is where you click, gets you to this page
http://support.lhlabs.com/support/discussions
Upper right side has new ticket or check ticket issues (took me forever to figure this out...)

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,984 of 5,933
Dear Backers,

Here is the product development related updates for the past two weeks.

1. We tested the new ESS DAC IC under the portal environment and it is working out VERY well. This new ESS DAC (9018AQ2M) has amazing synergy with our analog output stage, so it looks like we won't need to touch the analog output part at all.

2. Several people have noticed that we’ve also incorporated the “Instant Power” technology in our latest offering of Geek Out V2 on the pre-order event page. We want to confirm for you, again, that both Geek Wave and Geek Out V2 will utilize this technology.

3. The Femto clocks power supply circuits has been further optimized for lower jitter output. It’s hard to see on the noise feature, but it is easier to see that in FFT output.

4. One NEW feature we would like to add, and it should be awesome, is our Micro-USB port will have the OTG function. Once you use OTG USB cable to connect your external power USB hard drive, Geek Wave will transfer the music and play back in its internal cache. What does that mean? It literally means you could have endless capacitance of your music library. USB hard drive’s price is dropping constantly which allows greater access to storage at a more affordable price point for us all

We think you’re going to LOVE it. Once this crazy nice feature is finalized, we’ll formally update and let you guys know! Help us to check around, it looks like Geek Wave is the first one which has this nice feature

In parallel, Casey and Gavin are working hard with factory to make the BEST LightSpeed grade OTG cable for Geek Wave. That’s right, our OWN LightSpeed OTG cable. We’re super excited about the opportunity this presents.

5. We’ve received some good advice from Geek Force, and are in agreeance with them. Instead of SPDIF output, we should have better I2S direct output from Geek Wave on the TOP model. We are digging deep into this topic now. I don’t want to say 100% confirmed, but it is more than likely that Geek Wave will be the I2S output. When it works with Geek Docking Station, you will have the best digital output.

I kinda feel sorry for the Wave 256 backers for memory per se. Dual SD card slots AND USB OTG functionality.

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,985 of 5,933
I don't get it, why do you feel sorry for them? Think they won't need the extra memory? I have a Pono, filled up 128mb like nothing. The otg connection will work for home, but, if you take it as a mobile device, you will be using the internal memory and the cards...unless I'm missing something (which wouldn't be unusual...)

Dear Backers,

Here is the product development related updates for the past two weeks.

1. We tested the new ESS DAC IC under the portal environment and it is working out VERY well. This new ESS DAC (9018AQ2M) has amazing synergy with our analog output stage, so it looks like we won't need to touch the analog output part at all.

2. Several people have noticed that we’ve also incorporated the “Instant Power” technology in our latest offering of Geek Out V2 on the pre-order event page. We want to confirm for you, again, that both Geek Wave and Geek Out V2 will utilize this technology.

3. The Femto clocks power supply circuits has been further optimized for lower jitter output. It’s hard to see on the noise feature, but it is easier to see that in FFT output.

4. One NEW feature we would like to add, and it should be awesome, is our Micro-USB port will have the OTG function. Once you use OTG USB cable to connect your external power USB hard drive, Geek Wave will transfer the music and play back in its internal cache. What does that mean? It literally means you could have endless capacitance of your music library. USB hard drive’s price is dropping constantly which allows greater access to storage at a more affordable price point for us all

We think you’re going to LOVE it. Once this crazy nice feature is finalized, we’ll formally update and let you guys know! Help us to check around, it looks like Geek Wave is the first one which has this nice feature

In parallel, Casey and Gavin are working hard with factory to make the BEST LightSpeed grade OTG cable for Geek Wave. That’s right, our OWN LightSpeed OTG cable. We’re super excited about the opportunity this presents.

5. We’ve received some good advice from Geek Force, and are in agreeance with them. Instead of SPDIF output, we should have better I2S direct output from Geek Wave on the TOP model. We are digging deep into this topic now. I don’t want to say 100% confirmed, but it is more than likely that Geek Wave will be the I2S output. When it works with Geek Docking Station, you will have the best digital output.

I kinda feel sorry for the Wave 256 backers for memory per se. Dual SD card slots AND USB OTG functionality.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,990 of 5,933
Am assuming people here have seen this:

The latest timeline update from Larry (22/04) So apparently wave R&D should be done in 4 months...

Oh well.

Also, I hope original Wave backers get the SPDIF they were promised instead of the I2S output which I frankly cannot see much of a use for.
SPDIF makes sense as it is a true standard, I2S has about 5 DACs that use it and the majority of them have different 'standards' and even connectors, so this should be fun to watch.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,992 of 5,933
Oh, come on Ultimate Something... Yes, they have had problems with every ticketing system (four?? I can only count three) but the latest is mostly working well. I have had several tickets in the latest system and the last two were responded to quickly. All have had multiple messages exchanged and were mostly resolved before being closed, fully resolved shortly thereafter.

It is unfortunate that you and a number of others had their tickets closed prematurely, but from what I can tell, that is history from early in the newest system while they were still defining procedures.

Yes, I do agree that it is really silly having to have separate logins for every section of the LH Labs web presence. Silly bordering on stupid, but still only a minor nuisance and nothing on the order of hazarding life and limb.

J.P.

I have opened two tickets in the new system. Both were closed based upon a reply that made no sense and did not resolve the issue. Following instructions to reply within  (is it 40 hours) a prescribed time frame  to keep the ticket open resulted in no further communication. J.P. maybe you are just more fortunate...or more well known to them than the typical person looking for help. Your experience just does not match with the majority of stories that I have heard, nor my personal experience.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,993 of 5,933
I have opened two tickets in the new system. Both were closed based upon a reply that made no sense and did not resolve the issue. Following instructions to reply within  (is it 40 hours) a prescribed time frame  to keep the ticket open resulted in no further communication. J.P. maybe you are just more fortunate...or more well known to them than the typical person looking for help. Your experience just does not match with the majority of stories that I have heard, nor my personal experience.

I've also had much better ticket experiences lately, especially since the new system and the addition of Stephanie and Gina. Cheers

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #1,994 of 5,933
Have to say, up until recently ticket system was a nightmare in my experience, recently response has been good...which doesn't negate the possibility that you had a bad experience with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back