Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Feb 4, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #1,261 of 5,933
Good Morning Geek Wave backers!

Just to clarify, the new perks and configurations that are being offered in the Geek Wave campaign are there to bring in new backers. Whatever perks and configurations you backed in the original campaign are still set. Just because you don’t see it being offered in the Forever Funding campaign doesn’t mean we did away with it. Once again, we dug into the logic pretty deep and made sure our first round of backers arent getting the short end of the stick. Each perk and package has been combed through multiple times to ensure this. If for some reason you have questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me through a PM either here or over on the Geek Force forum. I'll try to respond as quickly as possible to each.

Lots of "should"s in your statement... I think thats the confusion.  LH should vs LH will do.

There it is, plain and simple. These are the specs our models are built by, and the features we get. I expect nothing less.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #1,262 of 5,933
@nudd

Casey clarified himself.

The Wave is a standalone device, which can work on its own but can be used as a DAC for other devices like tablets, smartphones, pcs, laptops etc... via wifi, bluetooth, usb.

You got the DAC perk, if I saw that right, so it is a fully functional DAC, period. I don't know, if that function is now implemented in the "new" Waves from their ongoing campaign right now, but you get what you bought in the initial campaign.

The Stream only works, when coupled with a smartphone or anything else connected via usb. It's a portable DAC/streamer.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #1,263 of 5,933
Casey has already replied and confirmed this so this question has been put to rest.

Quote:
  @nudd

Casey clarified himself.

The Wave is a standalone device, which can work on its own but can be used as a DAC for other devices like tablets, smartphones, pcs, laptops etc... via wifi, bluetooth, usb.

You got the DAC perk, if I saw that right, so it is a fully functional DAC, period. I don't know, if that function is now implemented in the "new" Waves from their ongoing campaign right now, but you get what you bought in the initial campaign.

The Stream only works, when coupled with a smartphone or anything else connected via usb. It's a portable DAC/streamer.

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #1,264 of 5,933

Good Morning Geek Wave backers!

Just to clarify, the new perks and configurations that are being offered in the Geek Wave campaign are there to bring in new backers. Whatever perks and configurations you backed in the original campaign are still set. Just because you don’t see it being offered in the Forever Funding campaign doesn’t mean we did away with it. Once again, we dug into the logic pretty deep and made sure our first round of backers arent getting the short end of the stick. Each perk and package has been combed through multiple times to ensure this. If for some reason you have questions regarding this, please feel free to contact me through a PM either here or over on the Geek Force forum. I'll try to respond as quickly as possible to each.

Lots of "should"s in your statement... I think thats the confusion.  LH should vs LH will do.

There it is, plain and simple. These are the specs our models are built by, and the features we get. I expect nothing less.

What about Wave 32?

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,266 of 5,933
We're taking a poll for the size of Geek Wave's screen....

Interested in having a larger LED screen? Check this thread out: http://lhlabs.com/force/geekwave/3373-larger-screen-on-geek-wave-or-not

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #1,267 of 5,933
  We're taking a poll for the size of Geek Wave's screen....

Interested in having a larger LED screen? Check this thread out: http://lhlabs.com/force/geekwave/3373-larger-screen-on-geek-wave-or-not

Can you give us some idea what you mean by a larger screen vs a smaller screen in terms of measurements and maybe a graphic as to what each screen might look like on the Wave?  Also, it might be helpful to show a sample of what each screen might display on the player.  Thanks...  Oh, and someone ought to post a place on the LH labs forum where votes for each screen type can actually be tallied.  Thanks.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,268 of 5,933
Can you give us some idea what you mean by a larger screen vs a smaller screen in terms of measurements and maybe a graphic as to what each screen might look like on the Wave?  Also, it might be helpful to show a sample of what each screen might display on the player.  Thanks...  Oh, and someone ought to post a place on the LH labs forum where votes for each screen type can actually be tallied.  Thanks.

They did create a forum for this already and people are weighing in.

Agree it would be cool to see some mock ups of potential options.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #1,269 of 5,933
My feeling is it depends on how much shorter the battery life is and whether or not the larger screen means it's going to be a perk with additional cost. Having to pay more is a deal-breaker.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #1,270 of 5,933
They did create a forum for this already and people are weighing in.

Agree it would be cool to see some mock ups of potential options.

Thanks, I have seen the LH labs thread on this, but from what I can tell, it is just open conversation/discussion re: screen size.  I did not see a place where you can actually go and submit a real vote.  A place to make large or small to actually get an idea as to how many would prefer a larger vs a smaller screen.  I think this would be a useful visual to have... If this already exists, then please let me know where to find it, so I can eventually vote.  I have read the pros and cons that were post by Chartwell, but it is difficult for me to actually decide until I have more of an idea as to what the two different screens might look like and what they may actually display...

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #1,271 of 5,933
I think I'll be cool with either as long as the bigger one doesn't cost more and it doesn't burn too much juice from the battery. If they decide to keep the smaller one, I can live with it, too.

Feb 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,275 of 5,933
hey.  recently discovered this and have now read the whole thread.  however, there is one question asked awhile back that was never answered... do the current IEM versions come with a gain switch?  i know that in iteration 2 they all did-- but just looking at the current specs/features table, i am doubting it.  just hoping for a little clarity here.  if the answer is "yes" (or one can be obtained another way), i would almost certainly back the campaign at either the XD128 or XDF256 level.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back