Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Mar 11, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #4,426 of 5,933
@jarek (or stuck limo, whichever you prefer), I don't believe that anyone who follows LH Labs in any of the various community forums holds you personally responsible for the "business sins" of LH Labs, but... Honestly, you have to be a bit naive to believe that negative comments are going to stop because WE "police the community better" and ask others not to complain about updates. WE all know that Gavin, Casey and Larry way over-promised on the Wave campaign and, so far, have way under-produced. For whatever reasons, Gavin and Casey (like the true gentlemen they appear to be) bailed out long ago, and now Larry is the only one left to take the heat... Other previous members of LH Labs (eg, Manny) didn't help with "customer happiness" much either! I think we get that you are trying to keep a neutral-positive outlook on things, but Larry has dug HIMSELF into a very deep hole, and it is going to require lots and lots of EXCELLENT customer service to recover any kind of decent reputation from the majority of US that supported this campaign. And customer service at this point has to include TIMELY and HONEST updates... So my advice: Learn to take the negative comments, appreciate the positive comments and continue to focus on completing the Wave campaign. None of US want to be told what we can or can't say; this is still America, after all. And it clearly does not help to tell a frustrated backer to stop complaining or else... I do agree that negative comments should be presented in a civil and constructive manner (as much as possible), and NONE of us should condone personal threats against LH Labs or Larry. BUT, IMHO, one of the absolute worst moves that LH Labs can make at this point would be to stop providing VALUABLE UPDATES because negative comments/feedback somehow hurt Larry's feelings... LH LABS is Larry's company after all, and he needs to own up to its short-comings and continue to do whatever it takes to get this Geek Wave (and other IGG) campaign completed. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback. We have no intention at all, ever, to stop providing updates on campaigns. I do find it humorous though, and somewhat tiring, to have to sort through repeated requests asking us to stop sending updates, as if one person speaks for all backers or that the backers would be totally OK with it because a tiny minority is upset for us keeping our end of the deal. So, my comment on policing the community regarding this particular issue was somewhat in jest, but somewhat not. I do disagree with you -- a community is made up of members. If the community makes it known certain actions or words are not welcome from certain individuals, usually those actions/words will end due to peer pressure.

Over in the Pulse/Vi DAC threads, LH had to take a break from the forum due to constant bullying, negativity, hijacking and other issues that the community stood by and watched about 5 members repeatedly perform. Remember, inaction speaks louder than action. Anyway, this particular issue is really not that big of a deal. I just find it sort of tiresomely amusing and thought others may want to know the type of complaints we get.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #4,427 of 5,933
I do value frequent, honest, meaningful and substantial updates but I don't like to be fooled.
Based on all the past experiences Larry should really choose his words wisley in order to manage the customer - our - expectations properly.

Or does anybody really believe that the Geek Source will be shipped right after the SE???

upload_2018-3-12_8-36-29.png

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #4,429 of 5,933
New Update:

https://support.lhlabs.com/solution...update-part-2-board-tech-achievements-3-12-18

@marflao in regards to that, I believe he really means we'll start the production on the units and THEN ship them. I believe "shipping" is a catch-all for "production/shipping".

..but we all know that shipping and producing are different pair of shoes..and I assume Larry does also know the difference.
Guess you need to extend your support for LHL in adding the "editor" role to your activities :wink:

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #4,435 of 5,933
I just love this community. We get a little activity from LH Labs and the same people jump in, pissing all over the forums making sure that there is no possibility of conversation. Everyone else has been driven off, but for a few who come back occasionally to see if there is anything of interest here - of course there isn't. Thanks guys, I love what you've done with the place.

Thanks to Larry for putting out those last updates. No, it wasn't "we're shipping tomorrow", but it does suggest that there HAS been progress in the Wave development. If and when it does finally ship it promises to be an excellent DAP. Thanks to Larry and the team for developing this project this far. Too bad that it has taken for-freaking-EVER!!! :frowning2:

Thanks to Jarek for providing the best communication that has come out of LH Labs in several years. Too bad he is almost as far out of the loop as the rest of us otherwise we might have some real information to work with.

Now to the perennial question: what year will most of us backers receive our waves: 2018 (not likely), 2019 (possible) or maybe 2020... It's unfortunate that that last one is not out of the question. They have broken even my extreme optimism with their incredible lack of urgency toward completing their projects.

J.P.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #4,436 of 5,933
If the community makes it known certain actions or words are not welcome from certain individuals, usually those actions/words will end due to peer pressure.

Wishful thinking... don't you think?

Peer pressure? This is not high school, nor grade school either.

The only policing on this forum comes from the owners/admins and thats all, not some super secret handshake group of purported LH Labs supporters you (might) privately hold court with.

Ship the damn product we paid for years ago.

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #4,438 of 5,933
Now to the perennial question: what year will most of us backers receive our waves: 2018 (not likely), 2019 (possible) or maybe 2020... It's unfortunate that that last one is not out of the question. They have broken even my extreme optimism with their incredible lack of urgency toward completing their projects.

Reasonable and politely stated, I wish you all the best in getting any kind of candid or useful answer, the rest of this community will certainly appreciate that too.

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #4,439 of 5,933
Larry is in Asia again as of tonight, working on wrapping things up with the Wave components (battery, screen, etc.) and manufacturers. When I have more information, I’ll be sure to share it with everyone immediately. Not sure how long he's planning to stay over there, maybe a month? Will update more when I have it.

He is also working on visiting and/or checking the Pulse factory and making sure their production run is good for the new Pulse units. When I have more info on this, I'll update that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back