Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Mar 2, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #3,136 of 5,933
http://z.jd.com/project/details/23760.html 

This is the link somebody posted awhile back in this thread - I can't navigate through this website for obvious reasons, so who knows if it's finished, how many products they are selling, or how people are feeling about it over there.

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #3,137 of 5,933
After using google translate for backer comments (GO V2 campaign), they have the same issues: missing shipping dates, build quality issues, bad customer service. At least they treat everybody equally...

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #3,138 of 5,933
  http://z.jd.com/project/details/23760.html 

This is the link somebody posted awhile back in this thread - I can't navigate through this website for obvious reasons, so who knows if it's finished, how many products they are selling, or how people are feeling about it over there.

Yes, and the good news here is that if you click on this link, you get to see that b@st@rd Gavin Fish in a video espousing the wonders of the Geek Out V2 to the Asian audience.  A true must see!!  

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #3,140 of 5,933
19 days ago (meaning in February)

"Dear Source backers,

Our PCB gerber files already sent to PCB factory which has certificate for super high speed circuit board (Giga Hz). After they finish the PCB fabrication, we will start the pilot run assembly around the 4th week of this month. Then we will start the testing and update the test results.

Few nice confirmations of good features will be included in that update too. Currently we add few more software features including sampling rate display, Native DSD playback indication on the screen. Which is detail but important.

Here I include the new overall progress for LH Labs campaigns. During last two months, we shipped more than 1500+ pieces of different devices. Thanks for all your support. We are about to complete the whole design cycle from digital source to the whole analog playback.

Happy Holiday!

Larry"

If this goes according to plan then i would expect the pilot run geek source to be fresh off the belt and in Larry's hands end of next week tops.

Testing takes another week max.

And if they plan on getting geek source out before geek wave...

I estimate late June to July we will finally see the "pilot run assembly" of the geek wave.

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3,141 of 5,933
well, for anyone that needs a music player while we sit and continue to wait on the Geek Wave, Fry's has the Pono player on sale (with a Friday promo code) for $250 thru 3/5/16.  This is $150 off the usual price; you can get a promo code by just going to Fry's site and signing up, but you have to use the promo code for today (Friday 3/4/16).

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #3,142 of 5,933
Pono is what I've been using while I'm waiting, really fine dap. Got it in the initial crowdfunding campaign.

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3,146 of 5,933
  19 days ago (meaning in February)

"Dear Source backers,

Our PCB gerber files already sent to PCB factory which has certificate for super high speed circuit board (Giga Hz). After they finish the PCB fabrication, we will start the pilot run assembly around the 4th week of this month. Then we will start the testing and update the test results.

Few nice confirmations of good features will be included in that update too. Currently we add few more software features including sampling rate display, Native DSD playback indication on the screen. Which is detail but important.

Here I include the new overall progress for LH Labs campaigns. During last two months, we shipped more than 1500+ pieces of different devices. Thanks for all your support. We are about to complete the whole design cycle from digital source to the whole analog playback.

Happy Holiday!

Larry"

If this goes according to plan then i would expect the pilot run geek source to be fresh off the belt and in Larry's hands end of next week tops.

Testing takes another week max.

And if they plan on getting geek source out before geek wave...

I estimate late June to July we will finally see the "pilot run assembly" of the geek wave.

PCB Assembly factory told us due to precision assembly and impedance test. They need another week for that. We should get the PCBA board around Mar. 15... We will do the test at full speed. 
Geek Wave EP3 is finalizing, I finally get the good updates from SOM and screen vendors (sorry, our total order amount is big but still not as big as their major client like smart phone).
Keep pushing!

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3,147 of 5,933
  Any progress to speak of, Larry? Hello? Is anybody out there?

I will roughly check Head-fi once a week and know your feedback. We got screen vendor's feedback and SOM this morning. Will do a formal update very soon.
And I will update something related to USB "C" and fast charging as well.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #3,148 of 5,933
Thanks for the response, Larry. Your plate is full - keep at it!

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #3,149 of 5,933
Pretty interesting pictures in today's update! Cheers 

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #3,150 of 5,933

Quote:
  Pretty interesting pictures in today's update! Cheers 

I have to say it looks impressive - I'm really pleased by this update. Light at the end of the tunnel? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back