Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #1,456 of 2,322
Cool. I'm thinking about buying that tablet!
Does it work well without an external battery?
How many hours of music can it play with Geek Out??
I think it comes with Android 4.0. Do you have to update it to 5.0 manually?

i use an external battery, it mgiht work without it
no idea how long battery or nexus lasts.........only used on planes when i travel :)
OTA update to 5.0 is available now for most nexus 7, i got mine monday

i'm getting an lg G2 smartphone tomorrow but it won't have lollipop on it, and i'll be at verizon's mercy as to when that finally happens.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #1,457 of 2,322
i use an external battery, it mgiht work without it
no idea how long battery or nexus lasts.........only used on planes when i travel :)
OTA update to 5.0 is available now for most nexus 7, i got mine monday

i'm getting an lg G2 smartphone tomorrow but it won't have lollipop on it, and i'll be at verizon's mercy as to when that finally happens.

Thanks for your reply.
I think Nexus tablet's 32GB internal storage is too small for music listening.
I think I will pair that combo with Lacie fuel 2TB or Seagate wireless plus 2tb.
Are you using a similar setup???
How can you expand memory of nexus tablet??
Also, what kind of cable are you using for Geek Out and battery?? Can you give me a link?

Good to know. My current HTC Desire 816 with Android 4.4 doesn't work well with USB Audio.
I'm going to buy HTC M9 which comes with 128gb internal storage+ microsd slot + lollipop. This one will support max 256gb. It's coming during this December!!!

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #1,458 of 2,322
Thanks for your reply.
I think Nexus tablet's 32GB internal storage is too small for music listening.
I think I will pair that combo with Lacie fuel 2TB or Seagate wireless plus 2tb.
Are you using a similar setup???
How can you expand memory of nexus tablet??
Also, what kind of cable are you using for Geek Out and battery?? Can you give me a link?

Good to know. My current HTC Desire 816 with Android 4.4 doesn't work well with USB Audio.
I'm going to buy HTC M9 which comes with 128gb internal storage+ microsd slot + lollipop. This one will support max 256gb. It's coming during this December!!!

it is not my primary music player, so memory is not a critical limitation.
in the car i have a 2TB drive and squeezeplug running on an OdroidU3 (raspberry pi on steriods), geekout dac into car stereo aux in.
geekout works fine with linux

cable is usb OTG Y cable (google it, don't have link)

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,464 of 2,322
Sorry for the off topic, but i'm buying some active studio monitors soon, they have an XLR input and unbalanced RCA, i want to connect the GeekOut to the Monitors,
Which cable should i get?
3.5mm to XLRor 3.5mm to RCA or something else?
I only care about the SQ of course.
Thanks!

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #1,465 of 2,322
IMO use your favorite RCA cable of sufficient length with a female RCA phono to 1/8" mini jack adapter:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042902&p_id=7189&seq=1&format=2

http://www.amazon.com/Audioquest-3-5mm-Mini-Plug-to-2-RCA-Adapter-Hard/dp/B003VJX2F2/

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #1,467 of 2,322
It depends... you won't find as much selection in 3.5mm mini <-> RCA cables. Mostly cheap mobile audio stuff. There are a few good ones out there from Oyaide, Kimber, etc.

Personally, I'd rather have flexibility in offerings and getting the correct length with better shielding etc. And you can always use an RCA-RCA cable somewhere else if need be. It's going to be a personal decision... 

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,468 of 2,322
Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #1,469 of 2,322
Audioquest makes some nice 3.5mm to RCA cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back