Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #331 of 2,322
Maybe someone should start a Geek Out troubleshooting thread. There have been a lot of posts just on how to set it up...

It can't possibly be that difficult, can it?

Plug and Play for my Geek Out 1000 on the MacBook Pro. MacOS handling volume no problem. It is a great pairing with the HD800's.....I'll throw on the JH16's in a while.

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #332 of 2,322
Wow!  That's makes three people who say it's good for the HD800.  You guys are killing me.  I might end up keeping my HD800s after all.  
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #333 of 2,322
  Wow!  That's makes three people who say it's good for the HD800.  You guys are killing me.  I might end up keeping my HD800s after all.  
tongue.gif

Liking it so far.....

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #335 of 2,322
Maybe someone should start a Geek Out troubleshooting thread. There have been a lot of posts just on how to set it up...

It can't possibly be that difficult, can it?

I downloaded the drivers, plugged in the GEEK, installed the drivers and was good to go with Foobar and Pandora. I have no DSD, but tested a couple 24/96 tracks. No issues at all.

Except Windows doesn't need drivers to support 24/96 playback. :p

Apart from that, maybe we should have another thread for setting up the Geek Out then instead of flooding this impressions thread with 2 pages of "how to set up Geek Out in ___ or ___ or ___ media player in ___ or ___ or ___ operating system."

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #336 of 2,322
Except Windows doesn't need drivers to support 24/96 playback. :p

Apart from that, maybe we should have another thread for setting up the Geek Out then instead of flooding this impressions thread with 2 pages of "how to set up Geek Out in ___ or ___ or ___ media player in ___ or ___ or ___ operating system."

Yes, perhaps setup issues could be better off in a different thread, but then again, if the only impression that someone has is a device they can't get to work, then folks should know about it.

And the GEEK didn't show up as a usable device in Windows until after the driver install.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #337 of 2,322
I just ordered the last Geek Out Signature Edition.  Saw that bad boy sitting there so lonely so I just had to snatch it up.  I'll compare it to my Geek Out 450 and let you guys know what you're missing.  :p

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #338 of 2,322
I ordered the Signature 2...hopefully be a major upgrade over my GO 1000. These were supposed to ship fairly soon,, right? I'll pay impressions when it comes as well.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #339 of 2,322
Where can you order the Signature edition? I can't find any info on it.

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #340 of 2,322
It's on IGG Geek Wave campaign.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #341 of 2,322
Quoting https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-wave-make-your-smartphone-s-sound-sound-better#home

Geek Out 1000 SE Specs
   *Gold color, with personalized creators' signatures
   *Limited Edition - Only 32 will be made.
   *Individually numbered (1 of 32, 2 of 32, etc.)
   *Hand-matched high-precision components
   *THD+N is half the distortion of production Geek Out 1000
   *To be shipped directly after the end of the campaign

Note: If you don't want to wait, there are 16 Geek Out 1000 SE's for sale on the campaign right now for $899 each!

Uh... In my opinion, just thinking about potential sound quality differences, that's too much money for a THD+N that's half of what is already inaudible THD+N.  I'd rather have three GO 1000's for that price.

But, congrats to those of you who wanted the signature edition (for any reason) and were able to snag it before they became unobtainable. 

Meanwhile, I'm geeking out waiting for my run of the mill 1000:

Mike

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #343 of 2,322
tongue.gif

You can make that four. I have an ALO Audio Reference 16 cable on my pair at the moment which adds a touch of warmth (they are set up for the Studio Six). The result was surprisingly good. 

I tried the set-up going iPad -> Vaunix USB hub -> Geek Out 1000 and it didn't sound as good as my computer did as a transport.  A CLAS was the same in that regard.

It did sound good with IEMs though, in this case DITA The Truth.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #344 of 2,322
tongue.gif

You can make that four. I have an ALO Audio Reference 16 cable on my pair at the moment which adds a touch of warmth (they are set up for the Studio Six). The result was surprisingly good. 

[snip]

Unreal.  

I can't remember anticipating a piece of kit as much as I'm looking forward to the GO 1000 - thanks to my hope that it can "cure" my HD800, but even if it doesn't (to my satisfaction, at least), I'm sure it will do a great job with some of my other headphones.

Mike

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #345 of 2,322
Has anyone tried these over USB OTG yet? I'm assuming a secondary power supply would be required or heavily recommended but I'm still curious as to whether it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back