Life after Yggdrasil?
Aug 15, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #1,187 of 1,366
With the new Gen-5 USB capability built into the Jggy, that would be my recommendation, especially if you favor USB.

JJ

Ordered Yggy

item out of stock till next week, now the wait begins

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,188 of 1,366
I've read that the gen 5 is also applies to bimby and gumby. Is the difference noticeable with gen 5 usb as compare to the old schiit's multibit?

Added Gen 5 USB (self installed) to my Yggdrasil - It is a significant upgrade over the stock Gen 3 USB, and easily as good (actually a bit better) than my Mutec MC-3+ USB converter that cost ten times more!

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #1,189 of 1,366
Ordered Yggy

item out of stock till next week, now the wait begins
Once you get the Jggy and it settles in you'll be glad you did wait.

It is well worth the wait and the subsequent need to launder all of your napkins used to sop up the drool as your mouth drops open and your salivary glands go into into full production. :wink:

JJ

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,191 of 1,366
Ordered/installed USB Gen 5 in my yggy. It was not able to play any 24 bit tracks using Roon and microrendu.
Anyone else.

I had issue using the WASPI in exclusive mode even when selected 24 bit, 192 khz for output mode.

ASIO using generic device works fine though.

Contact Roon and see if you can get a response as well

A few of us has raised the issue with Roon, let's see if it goes anywhere.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #1,192 of 1,366
Ordered/installed USB Gen 5 in my yggy. It was not able to play any 24 bit tracks using Roon and microrendu.
Anyone else.
This may be a microRendu issue but not sure. Check out the microRendu thread over on Computer Audiophile, I believe someone else posted about this as well...something odd coming back in the microRendu DAC diagnostics.

Oct 3, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #1,196 of 1,366
Chord obviously. :)

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #1,197 of 1,366
tenor.gif

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,198 of 1,366
my life with Yggdrasil has sort of ended... Its stored away temporarily until I decide whether to go gen 5 and make it a secondary DAC, or sell it and remember our time together with fond memories. My reason for the wait is I feel Yggy has more value as a gen 3 on the used market due to the addition of a 2 year warranty (if the owner has the change made).

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #1,200 of 1,366
Get the USB Gen 5 upgrade and keep it as your primary DAC.... zimple...... :ksc75smile:

if it were only that easy. my primary listening station is at my desk (headphone and near field). I have another on my nightstand (headphone only) and the "secondary" would be in the living room along with the theatre setup. I would probably get some larger speakers for that and leave the surround system independent of the 2 channel. Heck, since I have already spent half the kids college fund, why not drop the other half on a vinyl rig also

Users who are viewing this thread

Back