LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Feb 1, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #646 of 1,178
So, it begs the question: I did exactly as you, but continued all the way up the perk ladder to the Vi Tube Dac Signature Edition. Still waiting, of course. Just wondering why I didn't get an offer of a "place marker"? Not sure I'd want it, as you'd have to ship it back when you get the ordered tube version, but, still, haven't heard a thing from them...

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #647 of 1,178
The Vi tube dac SE I have one day coming is the signature edition. Manny said they would pay for shipping on the Vi Infinity back to them when the tube version is ready to go.

I have no idea how they picked who got a place marker VI infinity. I know I was happy to get the email out of the blue and something while waiting for close to 3 years. . I know on the indiegogo website under the coments section, a couple of people also mentioned it.

As it burns in, it is a wonderful sounding unit and definitely in a different league over the w4s dac2 ( non dsd from 2012) tge Vi replaced.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #649 of 1,178
By "had" I take it the VI took the DSD W4s? For me, it was a huge difference on soundstage, sound, texture. Air around the top end and bottom. In Femto mode, i was surprised the sound got even wider.

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #651 of 1,178
I've decided to sell my Vi DAC Tube, I just need to work out how much for.  It's a fantastic DAC, but I've gone and bought a Luxman D-06u SACD player which has a USB input and offers a superb DAC too.  My main headphone rig has a Luxman P1u headphone amplifier, and I couldn't resist the chance to have an all Luxman setup.  It's a lot of $$$'s, but I'm reckoning on the Luxman being my 'end game' DAC, and if it is, then the word value creeps in.

Art Dudley gave the Luxman a glowing review back in December.  Most surprisingly, the price in Australia is quite a bit cheaper than in the US.  

http://www.stereophile.com/content/luxman-d-06u-sacd-player#Es1dIyMM12PPRxt7.97

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #653 of 1,178
I have heard there are some out in the wild, few enough to be reported as am endangered species, though.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #655 of 1,178
hello LH ViDac hunter. is there a expected delivery date of this year?

I'm not really too concerned, I know I'll get it eventually. As soon as I get it it's going up for sale anyway. I couldn't wait around any longer and bought another DAC that I'm enjoying immensely (T+A DAC 8 DSD)

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #656 of 1,178
Question for others in the Vi DAC Tube SE "holding pattern": I'm also among the earliest backers of the Soul > Vi Tube > Vi Tube SE.  Was informed I was #6 in the queue by Gina, ... but then she had also communicated my unit was being "worked on" last August.  

Just glanced at the latest "new" LH Labs account management system and it still lists "(IGG Only) Vi DAC Tube Infinity Signature Edition" in my account as "Awaiting Fulfillment".  The order is not listing all the other bells & whistles associated with the SE (CCX #8, Siemens CCa tubes, Power Cap upgrade, etc.)  Also, everything in column below Price is showing $0.00 despite being fully paid for, including shipping. I'm assuming this is what is showing up for everyone else who is still waiting as well?

Not that I'm holding my breath, but would be pretty sad if when things are eventually, hopefully, maybe get sorted out I'm screwed because my order is not properly recorded in their system.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #657 of 1,178
Question for others in the Vi DAC Tube SE "holding pattern": I'm also among the earliest backers of the Soul > Vi Tube > Vi Tube SE.  Was informed I was #6 in the queue by Gina, ... but then she had also communicated my unit was being "worked on" last August.  

Just glanced at the latest "new" LH Labs account management system and it still lists "(IGG Only) Vi DAC Tube Infinity Signature Edition" in my account as "Awaiting Fulfillment".  The order is not listing all the other bells & whistles associated with the SE (CCX #8, Siemens CCa tubes, Power Cap upgrade, etc.)  Also, everything in column below Price is showing $0.00 despite being fully paid for, including shipping. I'm assuming this is what is showing up for everyone else who is still waiting as well?

Not that I'm holding my breath, but would be pretty sad if when things are eventually, hopefully, maybe get sorted out I'm screwed because my order is not properly recorded in their system.

Thanks

File a ticket with them and let them know what you think you should be getting, and they will update your order online. That's what everyone else has done.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #659 of 1,178

Thanks

Man I feel ya. I'm #7 reported by Gina and it seems like the waiting will never end. If it's not that I cannot sell something I don't receive. I'd have posted a sale with no hold back.

They even claimed they had sent "a few" Vi tube out this month. Haha, #6 and #7 are waiting, how few are they? LH is a true disappointment.

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #660 of 1,178
Man I feel ya. I'm #7 reported by Gina and it seems like the waiting will never end. If it's not that I cannot sell something I don't receive. I'd have posted a sale with no hold back.

They even claimed they had sent "a few" Vi tube out this month. Haha, #6 and #7 are waiting, how few are they? LH is a true disappointment.

I was told I was #1 for Vi Tube SE. That makes sense as my SE was perked as a 1st batch Ultimate Soul. My order also shows in the marketplace as a one line description but wasn't too worried as I have given my configuration in the spreadsheet supposedly being used by LHL to build our SE's. I have no confidence any SE builds have been started to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back